When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's Alive... well, almost

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I've had this 1937 Colson for a while, Picked it up at Dudley, pretty striped w/out any vestiges of originality left. Did a lot of work to it ,at first, then haven't done anything with it, It's a really nice rider, so when this motor setup showed up at the last Dudley show, I grabbed it. This guy walks in with this abynormal hub motor, I'll call him I'gor, at a give away price. 750 watts is a lot to put on the front end, but as my sainted grandmother used to say, "You can't fly on one wing". Added this Sturmey Archer 2spd kickback, it's like a Bendix blue band, has an overdrive. Very little smithin' to get a Musselman sprocket on it. With this setup, relying solely on a coaster brake, has a good chance of not ending well, so added a front brake. Working on cleaning up the wiring & getting a battery onto the rack, looking vintage. Everything else is in the tank. This bike is going to be a beast. Photo'ed at the most uninviting place that I could find.

6759ff044c6366116a82b8507ccecdd4480d40b0af18462342931a05622791dc.jpg

DSC02299.jpg

DSC02301.JPG

DSC02302.jpg

Great look on the Colson, Sturmey and a front brake ,,,, did much the same with my 53 Looptail.

Nice looking bike, kudos!

Pete

I've had this 1937 Colson for a while, Picked it up at Dudley, pretty striped w/out any vestiges of originality left. Did a lot of work to it ,at first, then haven't done anything with it, It's a really nice rider, so when this motor setup showed up at the last Dudley show, I grabbed it. This guy walks in with this abynormal hub motor, I'll call him I'gor, at a give away price. 750 watts is a lot to put on the front end, but as my sainted grandmother used to say, "You can't fly on one wing". Added this Sturmey Archer 2spd kickback, it's like a Bendix blue band, has an overdrive. Very little smithin' to get a Musselman sprocket on it. With this setup, relying solely on a coaster brake, has a good chance of not ending well, so added a front brake. Working on cleaning up the wiring & getting a battery onto the rack, looking vintage. Everything else is in the tank. This bike is going to be a beast. Photo'ed at the most uninviting place that I could find.

View attachment 445359

View attachment 445380

View attachment 445382

View attachment 445383

Cool idea,It'll turn out good. Did you buy the S/A hub thinking it was like a Red or YellowBand? My buddy did,He was told it was by a local old bike dealer. He's not happy about it,a real bear to to ride

Thanks PC,I am always looking for Red & Yellow bands, have 'em on all of my riders. This S/A turned up at Dudley, so I bought it to try out. I'm looking to get more top end, not worried about "out of the hole " performance as this motor should take care of that.

Nice bike BUT....................................................Where on earth does one live where they have to post signs, "Caution, Watch Out For Snakes" !!!
Pete in Fitchburg

LOL Pete, not too far from my house. It's an electrical transformer substation, that happens to be situated right below several Timber Rattlesnake dens. I think that they were quietly killing them, as found, for years, but because of growing environmental awareness, signs are now posted. I don't go there much during the summer. They're status is "threatened" in N.Y. state, the little buggers don't have it easy.

Back