When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's Not A 60 Conti. What Is It?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Wondering what this somewhat nice custom was originally. The front derailleur is set up for a flood zone.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/bik/d/vintage-schwinn-continental/6500966236.html

00v0v_5KdDt8cupaQ_600x450.jpg

00B0B_bBlR624FyGB_600x450.jpg

00j0j_h4fea9hdxm8_600x450.jpg

00F0F_2R2RPITbAjh_600x450.jpg

00q0q_eDXEg9lPv2B_600x450.jpg

Reminds me of those early Japanese made Le Tours. I think they had stem shifters and chrome wheels with a small decal at the base of the seat tube that said lightweight.

I looked up the serial number and it is a 6/2/60 frame. I am guessing someone found a 1960 frame that had been stripped and to replace the missing items bought a later Continental/Varsity and moved the parts over to the 1960 frame. Parts bike was probably late 1960s / early 1970s. Roger

I looked up the serial number and it is a 6/2/60 frame. I am guessing someone found a 1960 frame that had been stripped and to replace the missing items bought a later Continental/Varsity and moved the parts over to the 1960 frame. Parts bike was probably late 1960s / early 1970s. Roger
I was confused by that serial number also, but if you look at the head stock in the 4th and 5th pictures, you can just see that it's a lugged frame, not electroforged.

I was confused by that serial number also, but if you look at the head stock in the 4th and 5th pictures, you can just see that it's a lugged frame, not electroforged.

I agree. Someone bought Continental decals of an early 60’s. A franken bike for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure its a June 1980 Traveler (built by Bridgestone in Japan) in Scarlet Flame, with what appears to be a crankset from the previous year's model (Traveler III).

1980_08.jpg

1979_06.jpg

Back