When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's not a myth the black ranger

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Everyone has seen the brown Rangers, few have seen an original 36 Black.
IMG_2759.JPG
The Black Beauty

Last edited:
Yes the tank is original to the bike and the bike is a 36. The late John Polizzi carefully looked this bike over and documented it for his files. There was a rather large and ugly grease spot on the front of the tank. Maybe I should not have cleaned it. But it did look bad..... All the paint on the bike I think would turn out white, if cleaned. I think the color was Black and white, not black and cream, as it looks now. The paint is original and yes it is a Ranger and not a "made up" job. The front fork was changed to a locking original painted fork. I have the original chrome one. There is one other original black 36 like this in Chicago. Folks never asked when they ordered their Rangers if they could order them in other colors, they could.....if they had requested it. But it was during the Great Depression, people excepted what they got.
I have owned it for a long time' The tires are Good Year Double Eagles and they are like new. This bike rides good. I like it.:)

i like it black beauty.i had an original green ranger years ago, wonder where it is now

They're out there.....in Green, Dark Red and blue also...
There used to be a Black Double Diamond round these parts in the early 1990s
changed hands a few times...

Back