When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's Sunday 6/30/13, So what treasues did we find this week?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

PhattCatBicycles

Wore out three sets of tires already!
It's that time of week when we gather together and share what we found during our week of treasure hunting. It doesnt have to be bicycle related it can be anything that you think we might all enjoy seing and hearing about. Remember to post some pictures and tell us the story of how and where you found it.

I didn't get anything non Schwinn related this week except this cool parts cleaner that I tried yesterday.
It is a medical instrument sterilizer that Mitch sold me. It is a model that heats up (works too) but, because I fill it with WD40 there is no need to plug it in. I throw the bearings, cups and chains in the tub and let them soak away.

zeha9ete-1.jpg

9agy2u9a-1.jpg

Did post a new purchase on Shuan's Schwinn " It's Sunday" thread...but, no need to double and triple post.

It was good talking to you again Brooks. Thanks for the message. Good friends are hard to find, and I know I think of you as one.
If I can help out in anyway please call me or send me a message or email. My email and phone are always on.
757-613-2334
[email protected]

John

Last edited:
I bought this Columbia Model 59 chainless bicycle. It's chainless except for the tread on the tires.
bk8t-1.jpg

6866-1.jpg

6pp2-1.jpg

asbh-1.jpg

Picked up a few project level bikes this weekend. The tan bike is a early 40's Zenith with blackout hubs. The two black tall frame Schwinn's are hard to find, one is a extra tall and the one in the back is super tall. Also picked a AutoCycle project in red and two other motoballoons, one is a Elgin and the other is a Hawthorne.
SH106102.jpg
SH106103.jpg
SH106104.jpg

Mmm, I quite like that Zenith. All I found this week was an early chrome Thermos.

Picked up a few project level bikes this weekend. The tan bike is a early 40's Zenith with blackout hubs. The two black tall frame Schwinn's are hard to find, one is a extra tall and the one in the back is super tall. Also picked a AutoCycle project in red and two other motoballoons, one is a Elgin and the other is a Hawthorne.
View attachment 102830View attachment 102831View attachment 102832

Nice, I like the Zenith too - and I love the photobombing nonose tank :)

Picked this one up a month or so ago, but finally had time this weekend to go through her,air up some new-ish tires and take her out for a spin. I think this is my favorite ride right now.

IMAG0601_zps7f09335c-1.jpg

IMAG0603_zpsef161541-1.jpg

IMAG0602_zps82fa7384-1.jpg

So what treasures did we find this week

i bought this columbia model 59 chainless bicycle. It's chainless except for the tread on the tires.
bk8t-1.jpg

6866-1.jpg

6pp2-1.jpg

asbh-1.jpg
i'm not into pre 1930's bicycles - but this chainless model i would love to own...

Picked this one up a month or so ago, but finally had time this weekend to go through her,air up some new-ish tires and take her out for a spin. I think this is my favorite ride right now.

IMAG0601_zps7f09335c-1.jpg

IMAG0603_zpsef161541-1.jpg

IMAG0602_zps82fa7384-1.jpg

That is a huge tank. One of the biggest for sure. Cool how one ridge goes all the way along the whole tank right to the end. Those must be pretty rare bikes because I rarely see them and I never saw a tank like that for sale on it's own - or maybe once like 8 years ago. Really nice bike - good score, .......I have nothing to show for last week :(

Back