When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's Sunday what schwinns did we fin this week...Weekley thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
oh deluxe hornets had welded on kickstands, thats all. Oh, and you have the standard chainguard. looks like the cheap stamped neck they used on low end models, no deluxe rear reflector, show us better pics i will go on. Those fenders do not resemble my 1955 standard hornet in any way at all, dont have the painted tips, are not deluxe fenders, what else would you like to know?

Last edited:
Here is the lock display my Freind have me. Super cool.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360632019.238505.jpg

Vintage2wheel
714-585-6183 voice/txt
[email protected]
Like our Facebook page
Search
Vintage2wheel

Wow!
Shaun, those bikes look fricken spectacular. You must have hit the two for one special.
Nice job!

What a way to answer a question? Your smugness tells me you must be a real ****...oh btw you are wrong!
is this a deluxe http://maine.craigslist.org/bik/3587587594.html
what about this http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle849
Or this http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?18624-1956-Schwinn-DeLuxe-Hornet
Same CG, Stem, stand & fenders as mine

oh deluxe hornets had welded on kickstands, thats all. Oh, and you have the standard chainguard. looks like the cheap stamped neck they used on low end models, no deluxe rear reflector, show us better pics i will go on. Those fenders do not resemble my 1955 standard hornet in any way at all, dont have the painted tips, are not deluxe fenders, what else would you like to know?

Last edited:
honestly

I've seen all sorts of crazy sheet come from the Schwinn factory.( ie non fully drilled out springer fork locks) There is no certain way anything came. As was stated most bikes didn't come with tanks. You could buy them as an add on. No single person is right or wrong! Kickstands fall off sometimes! Welds were not the best. Maybe the fenders have been painted at one time or another! Who cares, ride the damn thing. Its not a og one owner 41 super deluxe autocycle and after all these bike were made for kids. Hobbies should be fun, not a pissin contest :)

well several of the long time posters on here ALL told me the deluxe bike had the welded on kickstand so they are stupid too. Your bike has the PLAIN sprocket, PLAIN neck, and the picture is so poor the fenders look mismatched. no light, is the fender drilled? i cannot imagine a "Deluxe" bike being sold with the standard sprocket and no lights. The "deluxe" 55 hornet on ebay has the nicer sprocket, and a light. and the earlier springer.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone here is stupid...There are a bunch of good guys on the cabe... I just don't see the differences you see in my bad pic....It looks like all the same parts on the 3 bikes in the links as mine. All have the stamped stem, all have the bubble sprocket, bolt on stand, striped fenders w/no painted tips, CG with flat for deluxe hornet decal etc...+ I knew who owned this bike, he owned it as an adult and I just can't see him swapping out parts. Everything on the bike is consistent with the age, wear and patina.. Either way it's fun learning about all the differences through the years...Thanks for your input :) P.S. I think my sorry picture is a lot of the problem...I'll take some better pics and post them so we'll know exactly what we're looking at.

Last edited:
Back