When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's Sunday what schwinns did we find this week...Weekley thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

vintage2wheel

I live for the CABE
Suspended
It's Sunday what prewar/vintage bikes/parts/fun stuff did we find this week.

Post some pictures and show is what you got.

I picked up an original shorty lever from a Freind/ local collector.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359303962.786211.jpg

Vintage2wheel
714-585-6183 voice/txt
[email protected]

1936 Schwinn Double curve bar

I just put together this 1936 Double curve bar, that I bought from a CABE member. I only got the frame, forks, fenders, and crank set. Everything else I added. It's my first original paint prewar Schwinn, and it rides great!
P1020062.jpg

a couple of pre wars

Santi's old motobike and a B3 I threw together for my wife. Also my wife's AMC Flash
attachment.jpg

The Motobike needs work, not sure I'll make a it an "E" yet, as I'm on a budget now and those battery cans are pricey.
I got some OG pedals last week but as I was regreasing them, I noticed a bent axle.
The wheels are later 39-40ish wheels. I also finally found the correct rear fender which is not on it right now.
attachment.jpg

The B3 went together really well, I had a post about the front fork being bent and pulling to the right. I made a jig and put it on the vise and fixed it.
I found a hot deal on the Continental creme tires 20.00 ea, I just don't like the markings on the sidewalls, but my wife doesn't mind.
The bike rides really smooth is way fast. It might be one of the faster bikes my wife has. She also took the time to add the skirt guards, I think one of the last things will be moving the name plate to the side of the carrier from the back.
I might just add a pair of silver rays to the front just for chits and giggles.

attachment.jpg

Here is the bike with blackwall G3's
attachment.jpg

The last bike is a AMC Flash/ Schwinn I got my wife like 2 years ago. I finally updated the wheelset to a Nexus 7 added baskets and a spring rear stand. My wife is using this as the occasional commuter.
I have not been able to get a shield AMC Flash badge to put back on this so I may make one, unless someone has a decently priced one. I suspected this was a early fifties model, but not sure, If anyone one has one like this and know the year of theirs please post.
attachment.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0317b.jpg
    IMG_0317b.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 121
  • abes34.jpg
    abes34.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 134
  • mels35.jpg
    mels35.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 118
  • mels50.jpg
    mels50.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 112
  • pre35 bikes.jpg
    pre35 bikes.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 119
Looking good :)

Santi's old motobike and a B3 I threw together for my wife. Also my wife's AMC Flash
attachment.jpg

The Motobike needs work, not sure I'll make a it an "E" yet, as I'm on a budget now and those battery cans are pricey.
I got some OG pedals last week but as I was regreasing them, I noticed a bent axle.
The wheels are later 39-40ish wheels. I also finally found the correct rear fender which is not on it right now.
attachment.jpg

The B3 went together really well, I had a post about the front fork being bent and pulling to the right. I made a jig and put it on the vise and fixed it.
I found a hot deal on the Continental creme tires 20.00 ea, I just don't like the markings on the sidewalls, but my wife doesn't mind.
The bike rides really smooth is way fast. It might be one of the faster bikes my wife has. She also took the time to add the skirt guards, I think one of the last things will be moving the name plate to the side of the carrier from the back.
I might just add a pair of silver rays to the front just for chits and giggles.

attachment.jpg

Here is the bike with blackwall G3's
attachment.jpg

The last bike is a AMC Flash/ Schwinn I got my wife like 2 years ago. I finally updated the wheelset to a Nexus 7 added baskets and a spring rear stand. My wife is using this as the occasional commuter.
I have not been able to get a shield AMC Flash badge to put back on this so I may make one, unless someone has a decently priced one. I suspected this was a early fifties model, but not sure, If anyone one has one like this and know the year of theirs please post.
attachment.jpg

Back