It's time for Sunday Night Show and Tell, So what did you find?

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

PhattCatBicycles

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Oct 19, 2011
Albany, OR
I know that winter is coming upon us and the swap meets and yard sale are getting fewer and harder to find but maybe we'll be seing some cool things that people where able to find this week. Remember to post some pic's and tell us the story of how and where you found it.

Just enjoying the ride...

Brooks

vincev

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
I found this at a gaarage sale.Bought it for yard art.The motor is still free!Guy said he thinks its a 1954.Its a Motobecane Mobylette.
DSCN1010-1.jpg

dxmadman

Aug 7, 2010
Odessa Texas
Score

I found this at a gaarage sale.Bought it for yard art.The motor is still free!Guy said he thinks its a 1954.Its a Motobecane Mobylette.
DSCN1010-1.jpg

That thing is freaking sweet!

OldRider

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 2, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
DSCN1010-1.jpg
Vince, thats not yard art! I love rust and patina like that, and if that motor still spins I'd have it operational PDQ! Great find........

vincev

Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
I had to take it out of the front yard.Too many people stopping and checking it out.One guy said to put it away because its worth $400 non running and about $1000 in running condition.Now its in my garage taking up room.I think it will get stolen if its left out.lol I might put it up for sale because its a pain in the butt to keep moving it.

partsguy

Aug 13, 2008
The Land of Oz
I had to take it out of the front yard.Too many people stopping and checking it out.One guy said to put it away because its worth $400 non running and about $1000 in running condition.Now its in my garage taking up room.I think it will get stolen if its left out.lol I might put it up for sale because its a pain in the butt to keep moving it.
LOL! Sounds like you my friend have a bad case of buyer's remorse! Should have stuck with a 1950s base model Schwinn!

lobsterboyx

Feb 5, 2008
Los Angeles
DSCF0722JPG-1.jpg

Got a pair of Spaceliners.
$200. Now the fun part- getting them rideable. I love projects!

JWM
I got the taste of tinfoil in my mouth when I looked at this picture. Congrats on a GREAT pair bikes. very envious. Closest I can get is a pair of 35 wards silverkings... not spacey enough.

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Mar 26, 2011
Norfolk Va / Va. Beach va.
Nice pair

JWM...nice.
Please add the pics to the "lets see your chromed Spaceliner styled bike" thread.

Even the fork tips still have the painted accents. I can't tell for sure but, they both look like "7 bar" tank versions with the tank tabs on the bottom down tubes. Then if that is the case the front forks shouldn't have the front springer....I could be wrong though. I have been before.
Serial numbers will tell you for sure.

$200 for one is what you usually see...$100 ea...is rare ;)
I need a find like that!!!

Last edited:
This ad goes away when you register for an account!

vincev

Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
Your right Classicfan.Maybe someone on the CABE is dying to have one of these and has something to trade.

Iverider

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 24, 2010
Bloomington, United States
Ha Vince, I already sent you a PM about trading. Check it out.

jwm

Dec 21, 2009
Whittier, CA
catsofruatha.blogspot.com
JWM...nice.
Please add the pics to the "lets see your chromed Spaceliner styled bike" thread.

Even the fork tips still have the painted accents. I can't tell for sure but, they both look like "7 bar" tank versions with the tank tabs on the bottom down tubes. Then if that is the case the front forks shouldn't have the front springer....I could be wrong though. I have been before.
Serial numbers will tell you for sure.

$200 for one is what you usually see...$100 ea...is rare ;)
I need a find like that!!!
They are, indeed "7" tank versions. The front spring bar on the springer on the boys' bike was a little tweaked. I straightened it out, but the spacing between the bar and the forks is still uneven. It clears OK, though. Unfortunately the front hub on the boys' bike is cracked around both cups. A friend of mine has offered a replacement, so that's another task that needs done. Both bikes have a clean battery tray in the rear rack, but I'm not sure what sort of tail light goes with the racks. And after looking at Spaceliner threads both here, and at RatRaod bikes, I haven't seen a rear carrier like the ones on these bikes anywhere. Odd. Spaceliner stuff is very hard to find. I'll probably end up making some sort of replacement.

JWM

Last edited:

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
DSCN1010-1.jpg
You're seriously not keeping this??????

jd56

Mar 26, 2011
Norfolk Va / Va. Beach va.
JWM...I'll see if I can find a picture of the rear lens. Its a plain looking rectangle mounted on top lens.I think...I dont have one but have seen pictures.
Good luck on finding the rare tanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

scrubbinrims

Sep 2, 2010
4900 New Kent Rd, Richmond, VA 23225, USA
cock a doodle doo

Hard to match the finds of Trexlertown last weekend, but scored a Delta "rooster" horn for 85.00 shipped off ebay, which was a great deal in original silver paint with the decal.
Thankfully, I don't need a 20" schwinn tank.
Chris
rooster.jpg

Rust_Trader

Oct 1, 2010
United States of America
This ad goes away when you register for an account!