When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's time for the e bike discussion

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wow now that’s a unlucky neighborhood. A fire Friday and again Tuesday. Maybe nothing to do with anything in the garage?

Ha......the pedal power rides again.....attached to an early 50's racer frame.....just add a deep cell marine battery for 2.6 miles of friction powered bliss......I think the new ones probably perform better, but mine is cool.
20230411_194740.jpg

20230411_195825.jpg

20230411_195832.jpg

20230411_195837.jpg

20230411_195804.jpg

20230411_195730.jpg

20230411_195738.jpg

Some of the springers get wore out over time and will give you a high speed wabble. Then there’s the cool looking suspension forks but these front hubs have so much torque they bust the drop outs. These hubs are very easy to install. I like using the triple tree $100 forks. I’ve never tried the rear hub yet but installing one one the kids bike. It’s said to be more of a natural feel. The mid motor (crank)ones are the most reliable. There’s been so much technology done that’s why their twice the price. The bafang HD one you can run all day wide open but the down fall is when you replace the chain you have or should replace the sprockets too. The up side is you can use multiple gears hehe the rear hub one as soon as you touch the throttle none the gears make any difference other than for pedaling. I chose electric over gas engines as soon as I heard that you can only use the gas ones for 10-15 minutes before you have to park them and wait for them to cool down. I love the smell of 2-stroke engines reminds me of winter time snowmobiling 😳

Some of the springers get wore out over time and will give you a high speed wabble. Then there’s the cool looking suspension forks but these front hubs have so much torque they bust the drop outs. These hubs are very easy to install. I like using the triple tree $100 forks. I’ve never tried the rear hub yet but installing one one the kids bike. It’s said to be more of a natural feel. The mid motor (crank)ones are the most reliable. There’s been so much technology done that’s why their twice the price. The bafang HD one you can run all day wide open but the down fall is when you replace the chain you have or should replace the sprockets too. The up side is you can use multiple gears hehe the rear hub one as soon as you touch the throttle none the gears make any difference other than for pedaling. I chose electric over gas engines as soon as I heard that you can only use the gas ones for 10-15 minutes before you have to park them and wait for them to cool down. I love the smell of 2-stroke engines reminds me of winter time snowmobiling 😳
Other downside of gas (which I have and love both 2 and 4 stroke) here in Florida is no GAS bikes on sidewalks or bike paths (bike lane in street is fine if you want to dodge 55mph driver on or 45mph roads!

What does "Flat Land" even look like?

For 11 years, I lived in the American city of Chicago, Illinois, where my primary mode of transport was a Bendix 2-speed kickback 1964 Schwinn Typhoon. On the 4.5-mile trip to work, the only "challenging" elevation was an occasional overpass/underpass; quite flat by any reasonable standard. Hostile automobile operators and unfavorable climate were certainly concerns, but hills were not.

IMG_20170515_144833.jpg

BIKE_2015_02_239.jpg

Currently commuting in much more "terrained" part of same state. Secret stash of vintage Schwinns mostly gathers dust ("hidden not ridden") while this aging idiot enjoys relative comfort of a Zooz electric bicycle. Here no bike paths or other cyclists exist to terrorize, but traffic and weather concerns remain.

IMG_20220603_153559626_cr.jpg

IMG_20220712_102948114.jpg

250w and hot rodded to 390? The UK has super strict laws. People have cheated the system by installing 350w hubs with a 250w label. Then installing front and rear hubs. USA welcomes any wattage but if you’re local copper wants to be a jerk If you exceed I think it’s 28mph he can make you license your bike as a moped. Turn signals mirrors insurance moving tickets and don’t forget a helmet. Then over 35 it’s a motorcycle license.

Back