When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Its war !!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The issue with most of the cruiser frames is not having "beautiful lines", but that they are sorely undersized for many adult riders. I see many bikes on this site with a country mile of seat post sticking up, and/or pictures of people riding knock-kneed. I've repaired bikes with many inches of seat post exposed, and the post bent from being ridden that way. Some of the makers, including Schwinn, did make taller framed variants, and that's a better fit for adults, but they are rarer and often (though not always) just "standard" frames by adult standards, not truly "tall frames". I actually think many of the "antique" type frames from the 1920s and earlier better fit adults, and given market preferences of the time, that makes some sense.

Some of the Felt and Electra cruisers are actually improvements on these old frames, fit-wise, because they come in taller sizes and have more of a diagonal/stretched fit. People talk a lot about "lines" and production quality, both of which are important in a frame, but I've never been impressed by the fit of many of these old cruisers for an adult rider. I'm 5' 7", which is fairly short today, and I find myself at the top edge of the fit curve for many of these frames. They feel small, even to me.

Last edited:
I really hope you are not referring to my statements?! Nothing irrational about them

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Of course not. Beauty and collectability is in the eye of the beholder. If we all liked the same thing, it would get boring and much more competitive for the limited supply out there. I was referring to the cheap shots about Schwinn lightweights that some feel compelled to make. The only people truly left out are those that have not found the satisfaction and joy that a serious hobby can bring.

6uXzg8zRSSxvp7WsqotJ5wFNv6a2EqTmDYMZNg6qoGOktdDEVE7W4R7o_PdE9gK0aeNC-9gCLLLer-UWJR=w1266-h949-no.jpg

Wish I had brought my dx....nice drop down to Willow Creek Beach....could not resist the photo op...damn hobie knockoffs...

That's why I love this thread. You're not gonna find a bunch of people arguing Colson vs Shelby.

Schwinn vs everything else draws blood.

Too me, the canti frame is as sexy as a 1985 dodge omni. They dressed that up, too, and called it a GLH (Goes Like Hell) with a turbo Shelby motor. Still an ugly car (and an off the wall comparison, but, the more absurd the comment, the more interesting the thread becomes.

As far as dressing up bikes with "doo dads," schwinn is guilty of that as much, or more, as everyone. It's the Cadillac of extra crap bolted to a bike.

No, nobody's gonna change their minds. Might as well argue Coors vs Bud, or Cowboys vs Niners, or...

Religion.

The post about bike sizes is funny, too, because 90% of vintage bike photos show a 3' tall Opie-looking kid struggling to reach the pedals, and today, I gotta make layback seatposts so I'm not riding upright like a motorcycle cop. (I'm 5'7, also.)

And the reason the average person says "nice schwinn!" no matter what old bike you're riding, is because the average person doesn't have a clue.

But it's better than "pee wee herman!" Those people are the same ones that yell "play freebird!" when a band asks for requests.

This whole thread, and the debate over schwinns is meant to be a joke. At least, to non-schwinn lovers. In the end, who really cares?

My first bike was a garage sale stingray, my second was a scrambler 36/36, and then I learned that schwinn made heavy-ass bmx bikes and got a JMC black shadow.

Hmm, maybe there should be a "vintage schwinn bmx" category. All the Sting guys can argue with the Huffy Pro thunder lovers...

Too me, the canti frame is as sexy as a 1985 dodge omni. They dressed that up, too, and called it a GLH (Goes Like Hell) with a turbo Shelby motor. Still an ugly car (and an off the wall comparison, but, the more absurd the comment, the more interesting the thread becomes.

Whoa now. You mean the car that was faster than a Ferrari, Mustang, Camaro and almost as fast as a Vette in 1985? And it was a Chrysler turbo 2.2 motor, btw.

That's the one. My brother had one. They were really fast, had horrible turbo lag, and a brothel inspired red velvet interior.

The motor was designed by Shelby.

Sure, it was faster than everything else on the street, but It was still a horribly ugly little car, and it broke down all the time.

we have a keating girls bike have rims frame and crank and pedals any idea where we can find
parts or what it might be worth. Ty- R

Back