When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've been bamboozled

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I bought a two-speed Bendix hub for a 26” Schwinn project a while back.
I was working through the project when it was time to lace in the 2-speed hub and I couldn’t find it...
So....looked around with no luck, bought another hub and finished the project.
Wouldn’t you know it....a few weeks later when I wasn’t looking, I stumbled across the original misplaced 2-speed hub.
Now, common sense says....you got the hub you needed....the project is finished. Sell the hub you found and “recoup” your money spent to buy the second hub....Right?
No.....I am looking for another bike that I can build around the found hub....
Do I have “the sickness”...???

Maybe but also good therapy ! So
Enjoy the Ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Please let me offer some perspective to help you deal with this feeling Mike. (Or anyone else it may help....)

1. Maybe if you didn't have such exquisite taste and style you could find run-of-the-mill, dime-a-dozen bikes in your collection. :p:p (Not likely!)

Or 2. On a per unit basis, how much time/money would you have invested if each of your sweet bikes was a car equivallent? Not to mention the space and additional cost requirement...

Hope you have found peace with your dilemma and can continue being a valuable asset to our community! ;):D

:disappointed:
Maybe but also good therapy ! So
Enjoy the Ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you Kickstand3.....
By the looks of my basement, I have been in therapy for a long, long time......
Their is an assorted 2-wheel family quietly living in my basement....and I am the only one that hears them talking......
On occasion, my wife asks me, “Who we’re you talking to down there”...???......and simply tell her, “I’m reading a repair manual out loud”......(and all the bikes quietly snicker......)
I would write here some more, but my wife just said it’s time for my medication.......in a minute or two, the Jimi Hendrix music will start playing.....la-la-la......

judge.jpg

I've been pondering the same realization for a few years in fact I saw a fellow caber who has some really nice bikes and often shows them on his deck of his place ,you can tell hes spent some good money on bikes but 8 once noticed a 60-70s El camino in the back ground ( dont wanna mention any names ) but it obviously needed some love and definitely a Paint job , when I asked about it he said he'd had that Car for a Very Very long time! , what's wrong with that picture ?

DSC_0523 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
If this is a real GTO Judge, the VIN plates are worth money. It looks rough and if it had been sitting on/over ground and you’re looking to restore it.....bankruptcy will occur real fast.
I wonder how many little critters and their poor families you’d displace...???
I would take the potential buyer out for a few tall Long Island Iced Teas before showing him the car.

I wonder how much Evapo-Rust you’d need...???...kinda redefines the word “patina”

I sold a GTO Judge in 1981 for $900.00. I had it 4 years and beat the crap out of it. good thing muncie 4 speeds ad Pontiac posi rear ends were plentiful and cheap at the time! about 6-7 years ago I saw MY CAR at a swap meet not even running for $12,000.00

1562452612278.png

Ok the belvedere needs disc brakes but want to change the chief to white tires grips and klaxon horn o wait a minute good buddy sold me a 1916 Westfield at price I couldn't say no the 1965 fury needs tach replaced o bought the wife victrola to camouflage my spending I don't have a problem just like to rescue the old
20190513_125307.jpg

Back