When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've been bamboozled

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
In 1993, I bought a frame-off, numbers-matching fully restored GTO Judge for $17.500. Showed & drove the car for 5 years. When bought, it was appraised for insurance purposes @ $23,200.
Did local cars shows and ISCA show circuit. All the trophies shared the basement crawl space with my “bike family”. Although it was an extremely nice, condition #2 car, it would driven regularly, taken to the drag strip and endless cruise nights.
I later sold the car for $26,500... probably the best investment in my life.
A big pain in the butt....way more tedious upkeep and harder on the wallet, but I would do it all over in a heartbeat.
(This car was used by the Danbury Mint to create their 1/24” GTO Judge replica.
They build a pain-staking replica, but their is an error and it if very hard to identify unless you are a total Pontiac GTO nut or the owner......)

F662DC30-6C23-4576-A462-B43B07255B46.jpeg

C15BE8F0-9F67-4B6E-9D81-0A5EC54C1039.jpeg

I went through the middle-age crisis thing as a lot of my other friends.
My first car as a teenager was a white 1971 Firebird Trans Am...Many, many good memories with that car.
My wife and I talked about getting a 70-72 Trans Am, but our son was young and the Firebird did not really have back seat.
My wife learned how to drive a 4-speed in a ‘67 GTO...and I explained it was a safe, full-frame car and it had a real rear seat.....so I could not sell her on a T/A, but she listened attentively about a 4-speed GTO, so I sold her on a 4-speed Judge....
(I guess the real deciding factor was sleeping in the bed with a GTO in the garage or sleep in the garage with a Trans Am......)

First you buy the asset, then you buy the fancy things things you like with the profits, that way you aren’t actually spending your own money.

692EE263-9B57-42B1-ABD9-9EB2D54E5E7E.jpeg

Last edited:
Back