When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've got "the bug" again

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

nightrider

Finally riding a big boys bike
I haven't been tinkering with bikes for about 5 years now. Bought an abandoned house and been working on that.
Then, I bought my daughter a bike from Kirk for Christmas. It inspired me to get the crusty '38 ( another thread) back on the road. Working on it, digging around the garage, I caught the bug again!
Next up, although the '38 isn't finished, is this '35-36 CWC double bar roadster. "A" serial number. I have a flying V fork and a military ( olive drab crank) already. Will build some wheels with some drop centers and blackout ND hubs I also have. The rest... we'll see.
It will probably be a few weeks before I start. Hopefully starting this thread will keep me focused!
Johnny

KIMG0354.JPG

Been snowing for 3 days. Memphis shuts down just talking about snow. We're working on about 10-12" now!
Decided to build this wheelset. If you don't like patina (rust) don't look! Tiny bit of chrome hanging around on the rear. Mostly a deep textured brown. I think they're killer. Laced up to ND blackouts. Hope to get to the frame soon.
Johnny

KIMG0391.JPG

Another boring day snowed in. Dug around in the garage to see what I had. This is close to what I'm going for. Frame and fork will get paint at some point. Might also try to find a moto-bike style stem. I have a bunch of prewar fenders, but I think they would distract from the beauty of the flying V.
Johnny

KIMG0395.JPG

KIMG0394.JPG

Back