When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've got "the bug" again

-

nightrider

Finally riding a big boys bike
I haven't been tinkering with bikes for about 5 years now. Bought an abandoned house and been working on that.
Then, I bought my daughter a bike from Kirk for Christmas. It inspired me to get the crusty '38 ( another thread) back on the road. Working on it, digging around the garage, I caught the bug again!
Next up, although the '38 isn't finished, is this '35-36 CWC double bar roadster. "A" serial number. I have a flying V fork and a military ( olive drab crank) already. Will build some wheels with some drop centers and blackout ND hubs I also have. The rest... we'll see.
It will probably be a few weeks before I start. Hopefully starting this thread will keep me focused!
Johnny

KIMG0354.JPG

Been snowing for 3 days. Memphis shuts down just talking about snow. We're working on about 10-12" now!
Decided to build this wheelset. If you don't like patina (rust) don't look! Tiny bit of chrome hanging around on the rear. Mostly a deep textured brown. I think they're killer. Laced up to ND blackouts. Hope to get to the frame soon.
Johnny

KIMG0391.JPG

Another boring day snowed in. Dug around in the garage to see what I had. This is close to what I'm going for. Frame and fork will get paint at some point. Might also try to find a moto-bike style stem. I have a bunch of prewar fenders, but I think they would distract from the beauty of the flying V.
Johnny

KIMG0395.JPG

KIMG0394.JPG

Back