When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've had this '89 GT Talera for nearly 30 years.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

olddude55

Look Ma, No Hands!
Bought it used for my ex-wife but she never liked it. Tried to give it away several times, it keeps finding its way home.
Now, it's my trusty steed. Got it set up with Conti TourRides and some other accessories. Not very fast but comfortable and everything works like new.
At Buena Vista PA 8-20-20.jpg

This pic was taken a couple of weeks ago at the Buena Vista trailhead on the Great Allegheny Passage.

Love the old GT's, most have really cool paint on them. I have an '89 Tequesta in pink smoke color, they make the perfect bikes to ride in places like that.

I just noticed no triple triangle, maybe '88 or earlier. Does it have serial # maybe under bottom bracket or rear dropout? I'm waiting on cooler weather to get more distance riding here in the south. I don't ride my pink tequesta as it is all original as bought from the shop but could remove the tires I guess. I have a sweet '93 Zaskar that I rode all last year but it now has a set of tires that the legend Juli Furtado ran in a world cup in '96 on it so not getting ridden now.

Mine is mostly original. The original seat was gone before I bought the bike and I have no idea what happened to the original handlebar.
The shifters broke a few years ago and I replaced them with Shimano's cheapest thumb shifters. Might put a set of the old Deore DX thumbshifters on it over the winter.
Other than that, original components, wheels and brakes (pad have been replaced), no wear on the original chain, etc.

Back