When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver Crank Help Needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kombicol

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have an early Iver Crank which I cannot seem to get apart.
It as the left hand nut and taper on the drive side rather than the non drive side. All the photos I have seen have the crank come apart on the non-drive side.

Question is does this crank still come apart the same way, i.e. a two piece, or is this some sort of early three piece.

Not sure if I am dealing with a stuck taper, or something else here. Wanted to get some input before I start really pounding on it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Colin

My Crank
IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

'Other Type'
Iver Crank.jpg

Weird! Does he other crank arm show evidence of a sheared off tab? How does the chainring engage he crank arm? Is the serial no. On the bottom bracket shell the only number on the bike or is there a number on the right side of the seat tube. earlier bikes had the serial on he bb shell. It looks to me as if you have a stuck taper but if this is an earlier bike there may be differences in the crank assembly that I'm unaware of.

Pretty sure it is an early frame.
Only serial number is on the bottom bracket.

There is no evidence of a nut or anything else on the other drive arm. There is a lug on the crank side drive arm which engages with the chainwheel just like the later models.

Going to have to try and fashion a puller to get it off carefully without bending the chainwheel - I guess this is why they changed it on later models.

I think the bike is 1910. Here is how one I had apart looked, not sure these will help, I probably should have taken more pictures

188421_11.jpg
188421_18.jpg
188421_21.jpg
188421_18.jpg
188421_21.jpg

Interesting -so the cone behind the chainwheel did not have a thread on it - This is what I was not sure of.

Also, interesting - I thought the 5 point star chainwheel was only on later models and the 4 point like mine was on the early ones. I guess not.

Back