When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver Find While On Vacation

-
How lucky is that. Been looking for a bike like that. Found a couple at Mike K swap but missing the saddle. Figured that would be $250 so I passed on it then had regrets.

Wow, I'm not to far from there. How did they get your #?
Hi Bikewhorder,
When the guy decided to get rid of the bike he checked it out more closely and noticed it was an Iver Johnson. To learn a little about the bike and what its value might be he "Googled" Iver Johnson. One of the results of the search was the Boulder Art Gallery where I have quite a strong presence with my Iver Johnson collection. He liked what he saw there and emailed the gallery sending a few pics at the same time. I read the email while in Old Orchard Beach and within a reasonable distance from his summer home. We emailed back and forth a few times and I could tell he wanted me to have the bike and had no interest in "selling" it, he just wanted it to go to someone who would appreciate it. I must have talked to the guy for over an hour at his summer home on the lake, both he, his family, and the bike, have interesting stories. Pete in Fitchburg

Back