When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver Johnson? Archbar

-

DanielKj

On Training Wheels
I just got this bike and don't know anything about it. I think the frame and cranks are original, but thats all.
Has holes for a Iver Johnson head badge I think. New World head badge was added. What is the seat post? Any Idea of year? Serial number 109765. I think it may have been a 28" wheels but has 26" forks.
Thanks for any help.

DSCN1435.JPG

DSCN1436.JPG

DSCN1442.JPG

DSCN1438.JPG

DSCN1440.JPG

DSCN1443.JPG

DSCN1444.JPG

DSCN1437.JPG

The frame would date to about 1901-1902. Almost everything else is 1930 and later. Crankset is wrong too, It should have the earlier version with a different chainring and the lock nut on the drive side. I'm a tall guy and if you decide to let it go I have a 1910's Columbia frame/fork/crankset I would trade. I wouldn't need your wheels, fenders, seat, fork, pedals, chain, or grips if that would make shipping easier.

Mine's probably 1912 with a 195xxx serial number, so your frame is definitely old. As others have said, it's an IJ crank, but post 1912. I think you're right about the rest of the assessment. Stem looks right, though.

How's the standover height on it? Mine's the small frame (though, 28" wheels) and I'm 5'11" with longish legs and I don't clear the frame by much at all, yet with the seat raised and one of those more modern cheesy 6-piece clamps on top of the fully extended stem, it's still just short of allowing full leg extension.

Back