When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver johnson crank lock

-

eddie_bravo

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Anybody got one of these IJ lock nut for the left crank
Seen it in EBay, but it's too shiny

3934bf6c59bb436a4fa0e503b4bb1832.jpg

e631e6ce487386bdefba5eef4d7cce0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The seller seems to think they go on the chainring side, but he is wrong. They go on the left side. They are shiny because they are NOS, but the 7/16" x 24 tpi size is correct. If the crank pictured above is yours, then it is the one you need.

The seller seems to think they go on the chainring side, but he is wrong. They go on the left side. They are shiny because they are NOS, but the 7/16" x 24 tpi size is correct. If the crank pictured above is yours, then it is the one you need.

Yeah, that's my bikes crank pictured. Now that I look at it , It may just match on the shine

Are you sure they're wrong? The auction does state it is for Earlier Iver bikes which did have the nut on the chainring side (like the 1910 you have) I don't recall the thread pitch, orientation etc. on either nut.

Are you sure they're wrong? The auction does state it is for Earlier Iver bikes which did have the nut on the chainring side (like the 1910 you have) I don't recall the thread pitch, orientation etc. on either nut.
Yeah, he states it goes on the chain ring side, but then shows a pic of the left side crank arm? So I don't think he is sure which side it goes on. I have never dealt with a later set up where the lock nut goes on the left side, but it makes sense that the left side would have left hand threads, yes?

Last edited:
Hard to tell. Do you recall if your early threads are right hand or left? The left side nut is left hand threads. It also has a step to it which the eBay nut does not have. I wonder if these are actually Iver nuts?

See how it covers the entire flat face of the crank arm.
19587280599_09550e9f8d_z.jpg
Untitled by VW Sightings, on Flickr

Hard to tell. Do you recall if your early threads are right hand or left? The left side nut is left hand threads. It also has a step to it which the eBay nut does not have. I wonder if these are actually Iver nuts?

See how it covers the entire flat face of the crank arm.
19587280599_09550e9f8d_z.jpg
Untitled by VW Sightings, on Flickr
You are so right. I now have to say that I don't think they are Iver nuts after all. The early style do have steps and my crank side nut is right hand thread. I wonder just what they are for then?

Anybody got one of these IJ lock nut for the left crank
Seen it in EBay, but it's too shiny

3934bf6c59bb436a4fa0e503b4bb1832.jpg

e631e6ce487386bdefba5eef4d7cce0d.jpg

I'm Afraid that this one on Ebay will not work. You need a left hand thread nut and he says that his are right hand thread.

Back