When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver Johnson French Gray

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
In this photo it shows more of the khaki undertone which is sometimes described. From what I’ve read.
Confusing.
0464F13A-8FB7-4940-AEA1-5D89B1A369E7.jpeg

With all of these pictures, there was no description of color other than “gray”.

I have never actually seen an original Iver Johnson bicycle in French Gray. I hope one surfaces one day. I've always thought that the bicycles most probably were painted with the same paint as their motorcycles, but I'm not 100% sure of that. So many unanswered questions and unfortunately no codes to go by.
Pete in Fitchburg

Google search Vintage Paint:34. French Grey- De Oude Bank for a paint chip sample. I recall seeing a Racycle painted French Grey with blue pin striping. French Grey is more an earthy tone.
Seems much darker than anything I’ve seen painted French Gray.
0184E3D8-48BB-4D75-977A-422FA93AB44F.jpeg

I have never actually seen an original Iver Johnson bicycle in French Gray. I hope one surfaces one day. I've always thought that the bicycles most probably were painted with the same paint as their motorcycles, but I'm not 100% sure of that. So many unanswered questions and unfortunately no codes to go by.
Pete in Fitchburg
That’s my hope. They offered it for a few years. Seems like one would surface. There are a few maroon ones.

All 3 of the motorcycles I posted above are different colors. Would be nice to know if there was any evidence of the gray on one before they were restored.

Back