When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver Johnson Just Purchased

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Two Wheeler

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I just purchased this 34-36 Iver Johnson that I know nothing about. There are several things that are not correct, but I’m curious to learn all of what’s not correct.
Does Park Tools make a tool to remove the crank arm nut? If not does anyone have one for sale? The nut is tight but there is radial play between the crank and the arm. Any suggestions on how to fix this like shimming it? What is a good source for maintenance information and Iver Johnson history? Thanks in advance for your help.
B6BFE26D-3C89-4D51-808B-D92671BD95B5.jpeg

That is beautiful! Looks brand new and road ready! I don't personally see anything wrong or off with it, other than it could use a set of appropriate fenders, either painted to match the bike, or maybe even some chrome or stainless steel ones. I think you might have a proper set that I see there in the background, those chrome ones on your table. Could also use a drop stand and clip, some hub adjuster screws in the rear hub bracket. Other than that it appears totally perfect to me! That's a top notch restoration.

Nice Iver you got there! I remember an Iver wrench listed on the for sale section a while back. Better try the search function. And there is one thread specific to Ivers that will help you a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful! If I were you i’d just get the seat done professionally, ride it and not worry about finding original parts. Those wheels look better on that bike than the “correct” wood grain paint wheels would

Hi Dan,
Nice looking Iver, I agree with the comments above, maybe get the seat done, possibly some fenders, and then enjoy it. Best bet for a lock nut wrench is to get in touch with Ivrjhnsn here on the Cabe. He makes them and they are better than the factory tool. Pete in Fitchburg

Wow, it looks like it belongs under the Christmas Tree!

If your crank nut is tight, but the arm is still loose, I think it may have been damaged in the plating process. You could try making three shims to fit in the tapers of the crank arm.

The only parts that I see that might no be original are the pedals, the front hub and the seat post.

Beautiful! If I were you i’d just get the seat done professionally, ride it and not worry about finding original parts. Those wheels look better on that bike than the “correct” wood grain paint wheels would
Hi John G04! I would agree on that seat, it could definitely be improved. As for the "woodgrain painted " wheels, as an alternative to old 28 inch wooden tubular rims; don't you reckon that his bike is new enough to have come with 26 inch steel clinchers like he on there. He said it is a 1934-36 model, so I was just wondering; I could very much be mistaken since I am an amateur with these old bikes.

Hi John G04! I would agree on that seat, it could definitely be improved. As for the "woodgrain painted " wheels, as an alternative to old 28 inch wooden tubular rims; don't you reckon that his bike is new enough to have come with 26 inch steel clinchers like he on there. He said it is a 1934-36 model, so I was just wondering; I could very much be mistaken since I am an amateur with these old bikes.

No even the balloners had the wood grain rims. I have a pair that came off a 41 Iver Johnson balloner.

Back