When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver Johnson - Solid and Stolid; A gathering place for dating IJ bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here a few of my OG paint “indoor ballooners” I’ll get more posted as I unpack them.
(Truss frame in back is a Columbia)
44309DEF-01B5-4EB7-98DA-F5B5FC466BC9.jpeg

I hope folks are still visiting this thread occasionally. I wanted to post what I bought a few days ago and see if anyone has any insight. Like most of you, I have saved searches on ebay trying to find anything I can possibly need for my IJ. I got an email with these tools. One is a very small IJ adjustable wrench, but unlike anything I've ever seen. I got it for around $20 shipped, so I was willing to take a chance that it might be a tool that would have been included with a juvenile bike in the late 1910's, early 1920's. Anyway, here's the listing:

@ivrjhnsn
@Handyman

Ebay Listing

And here are some pics.IJ Adj Wrench 1.jpg

IJ Adj Wrench 2.jpg

IJ Adj Wrench 3.jpg

Thanks to Pete the 1900 Iver Johnson is now available at the Iver Johnson Catalog Project!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/32224799@N02/collections/72157638826968375/

The link is also in my sig.
Thank you to everyone who has donated material thus far! We have almost 40 years of catalogs!
If anyone has other material in the want list (in my sig below) please let me know!

Thanks!

1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to Pete the 1900 Iver Johnson is now available at the Iver Johnson Catalog Project!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/32224799@N02/collections/72157638826968375/

The link is also in my sig.
Thank you to everyone who has donated material thus far! We have almost 40 years of catalogs!
If anyone has other material in the want list (in my sig below) please let me know!

Thanks!

View attachment 1075958
Best link on the web! I reference this all the time! Glad to see my humble contribution is still there! Great job!

I am super pumped today. I have wanted a set of Fisk 20" single tube tires for my little Boy Scout Midget forever. The only set of ANY brand 20" single tube tires I ever found were the U.S. Rubber Co Giant Chain Tread ones. They are nice tires and are NOS - but since the bike was originally spec'd with Fisk tires, I really wanted to find some. But, after 4 years, the only other set of 20" single tube tires I even saw for sale were a set of Yorks on ebay. I didn't feel they were much of an improvement over the ones I had.

I have multiple saved searches on Ebay. Everyday I get multiple emails with a variety of different items I'm searching for for this bike. Though though search rarely pays off, I still check each email everyday because, well, you never know.

So yesterday I checked my search results lo and behold - what was there? I pair of 20" Fisk single tube tires. I couldn't hit Buy It Now fast enough. I was SO nervous someone else would get them before me.

Anyway, I can't wait til they get here Monday - I have MY Christmas present.

The last thing I need before putting this little fella back together is a set of 20" wheels (I do have a set, but I'm not real happy with them).

Here are some pictures of the Fisks. They aren't NOS, but that's ok. I'm not planning to restore this bike to "new condition". I just want to assemble it back together with all the old, used parts I have and preserve the history of the bike and the parts.

Back