When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver Johnson Tricycle, Barn Find

-

Handyman

I live for the CABE
I recently picked up an Iver Johnson tricycle that had been sitting for years in an Ashby, MA barn. Here are a few pics of the owner actually removing it from the second floor of his barn in order to deliver it to me. When I asked him how long it had up there there he replied, “longer than I can remember”. It’s kind of rough, but it’s basically all there. Pete in Fitchburg

DSC03120.JPG
DSC03127.JPG
DSC03130.JPG
DSC03133.JPG
DSC03137.JPG
DSC03139.JPG
DSC03141.JPG

1936 Catalog Pic

I found a pic of this tricycle in a 1936 Iver Johnson catalog, it is a model #333. I can't find any earlier catalog pics that would tell me its any older. Because there are no serial numbers on these tricycles I'll just label this a 1936 unless any Cabe members can help with an earlier description.
Pete in Fitchburg

1936 #20.jpg

I believe that original seat toolbox is even more rare than the tricycle itself. I've never seen a trike from this era still having one attached to the seat back. Terrific find!

Dave

Back