When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver Johnson Tricycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dave429

I live for the CABE
I have an Iver Johnson Trike. It has a 20” front wheel and 14” rear wheels. Missing one side crank arm, grips, pedals and possibly some other parts. Might have originally been blue in color. Looks like maybe a nickel fork? Still has badge. What years where these made? Prewar? Any value to it? Is it better complete or parts?

91B5D1E9-9247-4F60-A515-2C348D1D11BE.jpeg

9F9A3DE5-1DE9-458F-8C12-C969C5345F8B.jpeg

90DAC02E-02CC-494A-B413-CA31336AF22A.jpeg

FA0657F7-426E-4B43-A55A-4BAD816EC40F.jpeg

07BBF885-9A38-49B7-8ACC-C2C9AD6DF665.jpeg

1926 ? til the end . Two variations on construction . Early ones had smaller tubing, probably prone to breakage. Changed to larger diameter tubing. Made 4 different sizes . 12" front wheel, 16", 20"(most common), and 24"
You'll never find the parts to finish it, unfortunately . Cool as it is for display .

Yes, the best you could hope for is to find another Iver Johnson tricycle in "for parts" condition and combine the best parts from each to make one good tricycle. That's what I have done with a couple early '50s Garton tricycles that were the same basic model.

Dave

Your trike is an early one . The small diameter headtube is what they changed. Made it a larger diameter. Not sure when they changed it.

Enjoy working with it .

How about some pics of the right side front wheel, where the crank is missing. Looks like bearing race is gone too.
There are paint strippers that are not aggressive . Iver Johnson baked their enamel, so it may hold up. Test a spot , and go from there.

Here are some parts to make her look complete. Crank arm is a reproduction . Pedals are nothing to write home about. Missing bearing as a complete ass'y. Cotter pin that I'll try to reproduce . If you're interested.

Pics of the two different headtube sizes . Hopefully you can see the difference.

@ivrjhnsn I will take a picture of the right side when I get a chance. Thanks for the offer on the parts. I will keep it in mind and let you know.

Back