When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver Johnson Truss Bar Frame Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

CURTIS L LINDGREN

I live for the CABE
Looking at a bike here locally. I need help to determine a fair value. This bike is NOT original . 28 " Wheels were exchanged for 26" around WW2 . Frame has been Re-Painted . Handlebars Changed . Will see face to face tomorrow . Owner says he thinks it's the original seat under the cover ( Who knows what lurks there ) New Departure Rear Hub Currently. Anyhoooooooo He Gave me the serial No. It's 258712 He's not sure of the year. It was his Fathers Bike . Please Help . Any Comments are welcomed . THANKS ! :cool:

DSCF1088.JPG

DSCF1089.JPG

DSCF1090.JPG

DSCF1091.JPG

Thats an old and good looking Iver! Thecabe has a serial breakdown but i would guess early 20s ish? Parts alone are worth atleast $5-700. Get it!

I'd place it about 1915ish...................fenders do not look Iver, could use a nice restoration, but the bulk of the bike is there. Decent set of rat traps........you really cant go wrong with just about any truss frame Iver. I think somewhere in the $650 range is not unreasonable..............Pete in Fitchburg

Thanks for the input.............wanted to go in with some insight . Their asking price is DOUBLE what is being stated . :rage: Got a lot of work ahead of me , if it's to happen . :oops:

I would not go more than $650 on this bike Curtis..............and not worth anything near double that price. If it's a truss frame Iver your after I have practically the identical bike that I'd let go for about $700 and it has the original wheelset, and fenders. Needs restoration like the one pictured, but much more complete.
Pete inFitchburg

Thanks for the input.............wanted to go in with some insight . Their asking price is DOUBLE what is being stated . :rage: Got a lot of work ahead of me , if it's to happen . :oops:

Hi Curtis, This is the Iver I was talking about. Has the original wheelset with Iver front hub and Model A rear hub, perfect original fenders, large 28 tooth chainring, fantastic original handlebars, handlebar stem, and seat post. Original Iver badge. Very close in condition to the Iver you found, but more complete and original. Like the one you found, this bike needs restoration as it was painted an ugly dark green, but it's a great place to start.
1.jpg

Back