When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver Johnson Truss Frame "Track Bike" on Ebay

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Handyman

I live for the CABE
Hi Cabers,
Iver Johnson Truss Frame "Track Bike" just listed on eBay.............................what do you think?

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=162534468611

IJ Track Bike.jpg
Ij Track Bike front.jpg

I don't mind sharing the link to this "Track Bike" at all bikewhorder...................follow this thread. Pete in Fitchburg

Anyone wanna guess what it will go for? maybe start a poll?
My guess would be $1900
JKent

That would be quite high for this "Track Bike" JKent...................follow this thread. Waiting for some other "Iver" Cabers to chime in. Pete in Fitchburg

I don't know much about Iver's in particular, but I'm thinking a racer would have to be as light as possible. I would imagine they'd stick with a tried & true diamond frame, right?

I don't know much about Iver's in particular, but I'm thinking a racer would have to be as light as possible. I would imagine they'd stick with a tried & true diamond frame, right?

You are correct fordmike 65 and that was the thought of many serious racers of the day. The Truss Frame was really "sexy" looking but it did add some amount of weight to the frame. The diamond frame was the frame of choice for many of the racers. Pete in Fitchburg

Was there no such thing as a truss frame track bike?

There were absolutely Truss Frame Racing Bikes offered by Iver Johnson pretty much since the truss frame was introduced in 1901/02. There may have been a few years where some racer models were only offered with the diamond frame but I'd have to go back and look at the catalogs to really be sure of that. My only issue with this bike is that it is being called, a "Track Racer", which is fine as you can build a "Track Racer" if you have the right component parts. However, some people that may bid on this Iver may think that they are bidding on an Iver Johnson "Racing Bike", and it is not an Iver Johnson Racing Bike. Pete in Fitchburg

Last edited:
Back