When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver Johnson

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
if the OG owner rode it to work (assuming he was around 18 years old when he started to work) and your friend got it from his widow, the lady must be around 120 years old or maybe she married a much older man!!!

The market for used bikes was pretty strong in the teens/20s. Probably picked it up second-hand.

It's post 1915 for sure given the arch bar joint (The new joint of solid steel referred to in the improvement section below).
I would think 1917 give or take. My 1915 is serial 256466

12259067095_16d91afaf3_o.jpg

That was just the story that was passed on to me. That was 10 years ago now. I rebuilt the rear hub and plan to install a headbadge that he bought for the bike. Just need to drill/tap one of the headbadge holes. Cool old bike but it has been re-welded at the seatube/BB junction. I think he was told 1914 but I thought I could narrow it down better with some CABE help.

Back