When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iver Racer vs. Roadster “geometry”

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

anders1

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hello all Iver Johnson lovers. I am pretty new with IJ’s. A few of you know that because I have been bugging the heck out of you for information and parts. Well I have learned a lot so far but is only a fraction of what I don’t know. I own one 1928 “IJ” badged Luvell Diomand with 24” seat tube. I am purchasing another 1912 IJ model 87 roadster. I have my eye on yet another model 90. I have been studying the geometry of the diomand and the truss bridge frame. Also the Racer vs. Roadster geometry, and I’m trying to determine what the differences are exactly. “Frame wise”. I understand that parts are different, but what about the frames? I have studied the arch bar, and how some arch’s are not A semitropical. It is apairant to me that this is determined by the Head tube height. A taller head tube allows for a greater demention between arch and top bar. Thus giving a more A semitropical architecture opposed to the shorter head tube height. Now onto the Racer vs. Roadster geometry? I’ve heard it said that a Racer will have a shorter wheel base, causing the rear wheel to be closer to the seat tube. I’ve also heard that the “V” shape between the seat stays is smaller on a Racer. What I’m contemplating is weather or not these variants could also be determined by the frame height? (“ie” seat tube and head tube height. If you lengthen the seat tube it will cause the “V” shape behind seat tube to become larger, because the fender brace location will remain constant. Also, if the seat tube mast remains at the same degree of angle, then by pushing the bar upward and taller it must also move further away from the rear wheel as to not extend over the wheel. Thus giving a lengthier space between tube and wheel, as well as a longer wheelbase. So, with all of this said. Is it possible that these differences are only determined by the frame height? I have seen racers with a tight wheel base, and also a wider wheel base if I’m not mistaken. Are there any other geometrical factors that determine whether or not a frame was born a Racer vs. Roadster, aside from cosmetics? Could the two frames be the same other than height variations? This is only my efforts to understand this beautiful bike that we love. Maybe I’m missing something? I know some of you have studied the brand and are as intrigued as well bye the quality and awe of Iver Johnson. Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong about something. I’m looking forward to hearing your feedback! Anthony

482FD70C-61C0-478D-A3AB-AAD42D4419E2.jpeg

76CB5FAF-1E88-4D19-A145-13887189BB77.jpeg

C27F5B49-B69D-4AAC-8D7B-6556A36734B4.jpeg

3641F555-2432-4EEE-AFCF-DF7EECBA6584.jpeg

0E35E237-8EBB-4163-B5BD-F86D50431FE6.jpeg

8ECBCE89-4C24-4AAB-B0E4-54ADD6327723.jpeg

3B52EF1F-0879-461D-BCA5-9BB77ABC98F4.jpeg

Back