When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

J.C. Higgins Flightliner Project

-
Just an update. Haven’t really been putting too much time into this resto-mod but finally had this past weekend free to make small progress.

Designed the taillight housing in SolidWorks and 3D printed it. The lenses came off a Delta Hi-Fin Twin Taillight. This was supposed to be the prototype but I think the dimensions are spot on. Might just change the bolts in the bottom to something a little more flush, add some bondo, sand and paint to get a cleaner look. Waiting on the lights to come in to wire it all up. Pretty excited for this.

257961c7579c9cba49266875c8be921e.jpg

1d728b8b82365b03b1a304c9e2d15c3e.jpg

9a7b8335e03cf84f576ed13921b67e34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@5M3D1N4 How far did you get with disassembly/reassembly of the springer fork onto Flightliner?

Not far at all. It’s still disassembled. We are remodeling the house and my workspace is being used up as storage for now so haven’t had time to clean up and work on the bike. Decided to at least put some time into it and work on the taillight housing instead. Should hopefully have time in the next few weeks to make more progress.

Not far at all. It’s still disassembled. We are remodeling the house and my workspace is being used up as storage for now so haven’t had time to clean up and work on the bike. Decided to at least put some time into it and work on the taillight housing instead. Should hopefully have time in the next few weeks to make more progress.

I'm in the same church, just sitting in a different pew.

Its been over two months since I've worked on this project. Had some free time these past few days to do some work.

Stripped the paint to bare metal and now on to applying some lightweight body filler to some deep scratches on the frame and topping it off with some self etching primer.

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

Still have a lot of sanding to do but I'm excited how the chrome on the lens trim came out. Need to find some domed lenses. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I was thinking possibly a watch lens, but I think that will interfere with the bulb.

IMG_2393.jpg
IMG_2395.jpg

Back