When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

J.C. Higgins Flightliner Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
LQQKING Great! If you don't mind sharing- what was the chrome bill? I have a similar pile I want to do, and I know locations vary.....
Just trying to avoid sticker shock, and a long drive.....
Thanks-M

First ever restoration project. I believe all parts are original. Except the tank, that I bought separate. I’m excited to take this journey and can’t wait to get working on this. Any restoration tips are welcomed!

View attachment 1252907
View attachment 1252908
View attachment 1252909

View attachment 1252910
Nice bike !! I have a 64 I just redid .rusty mess .typical for NY . Only advice I have is vinager and foi for chrome . Works great . handlebars whatever.
IMG_20210119_144328143_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210119_144345195.jpg

I’ve already spent more than what the bike is worth lol
Welcome to the club. Find me one guy who doesn’t. One reason I spread out my purchases and don’t save receipts. I know that I’m only fooling myself but it’s better than being fooled by someone else. Just make sure that you get the mail and check the front porch for packages before your better half does.

Welcome to the club. Find me one guy who doesn’t. One reason I spread out my purchases and don’t save receipts. I know that I’m only fooling myself but it’s better than being fooled by someone else. Just make sure that you get the mail and check the front porch for packages before your better half does.
It’s still cheaper than golf and you have something to look at after spending all that brdad.

LQQKING Great! If you don't mind sharing- what was the chrome bill? I have a similar pile I want to do, and I know locations vary.....
Just trying to avoid sticker shock, and a long drive.....
Thanks-M
The bill was $235. Don't know if that is reasonable. I just went to this shop because it was local and even tho they only had about 3 yelp reviews, their worked looked good. I don't regret it.

Pacific Polishing

back to touching on the 'resto-mod' restoration with modifications, not truly a restoration and nowhere near a concours restoration.

I did this bicycle about 5 years ago (or more), while not a flightliner, it was a Murray built bicycle. As for this bike, there was not much original paint to save, so I went to town on it. Also it had been run over, I had to straighten the frame from 5" of bend - front to back. In retrospect it would have been far better to invest the money in something already in good shape that I could have ridden. However, at that time I was recovering from surgery and it gave me something to do with my time and energy.

Powder on the frame, fork, tank and rack, all original chrome, a lot of aluminum foil, water and blood went into that. It was a learning experience.

Have fun with your bike.

View attachment 1257641

View attachment 1257642

piercer_99 your bike cam out beautifully! Very nicely done!​

This is coming along very nicely, 5M3D1N4. I really like the colors you chose and the new chrome looks terrific. I really like the style of these flightliners. If I ever find a good deal on one locally I'll pick it up and see what I can come up with for a build. Nice work!

Back