When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

J.C. Higgins Ladies Bike in The Netherlands

-
Very cool project, love how it's coming together. Really like the area you are taking your photos in, great background. I've been to Maastricht, Amsterdam, Beek several times ( we have a sister company in Maastricht). Love your country. Food is great, people are super friendly, easy to get around and most people speak English...overall awesome place to visit.

Bart

Thank you all for your coments on the job.
As you all have seen above, I've gone a long way to get the bike how it is right now.

Begin-Einde.JPG

Before / After.

Before I started to restore the bike.
I have tried to find out, wich model bike it was.
But nobody could tell me for sure wich model it exactly was.
And because I liked the Colorflow models, I've gone that way, to restore my bike.
I like the result very much, and i've no regrets of it.

But now as I'm following the "J.C. Higgings" search on Ebay.

055a Special de luxe $ 400,-.jpg

055j.jpg

This 1940's - 1950's Special De Luxe bike showed up Yesterday.
And now I'm pretty sure that my bike is one of this model bike.

SP d L 02.JPG

As far as I can see my bike didn't have the correct rear hub, handlebar and sprocket / chainring.
And there were missing some parts.
But the rest of the bike did have the right parts for the Special De Luxe model.

Sp d L 03.JPG

One of the details I did find, was when I started sanding the tank.
I could see the Original graphics wich were on the tank.

The conclusion of this.
I didn't restore my bike to Original.
But I transferred a Special De Luxe, into a Colorflow.

Maybe I did something stupid.
But I'm still proud of what I did.

Last edited:
I just went through the whole build, congratulations! Beautiful bike and I love the color. The time and attention to detail you put into her really shines through in the finished project. I wouldnt care how original or not it was, that is truly a amazing lookin bike and Im pretty sure you have the only one around ya!

Back