When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

J.C. Higgins Sportflite

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oldy57

Finally riding a big boys bike
I got a call about a J.C Higgins Sportflite bike. Sold at Sears back in the day. Anyone know what year this might be. Also he is looking for tires, I think 571 would be correct mm size. I am not looking to buy it, just trying to help out.

Interesting bike! Canadian maybe? It doesn't quite look like anything I've seen.

Wow, never seen a JCH like that! The American Sportflite model was new for '58, just below the top of the line Flightliner. The frame design is similar to imports of the era, which were available from Sears in the '60s, a slightly lighter version of US middleweights.

Are there any markings on the rims? As @Rivnut said, if they fit S-7 tires then they've got to be 571mm. And from the pictures it looks like there's a knurled strip down the middle, just like a Schwinn S-7 rim. I've got a rough Raleigh Lancer with Dunlop rims (and Schwinn tires!), but there's no knurling on the Dunlops.

Back