When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

J L Mead Co

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I always love to know the history behind things, fascinating to me. Who woulda thunk........from buffalo hunter to bicycles in two generations! Thanks Chi, love this stuff.

The Buffalo hunter part may have been his inspiration for this poster:

View attachment 62486

copyright on poster is 1897

The Mead Cycle Co on top and the address on bottom have been covered up. The saying next to the rider is scratched off a little but you can still make out "The recollection of quality remains long after the price is forgotten"

Last edited:
Are you serious with that poster? Waaaay cool. Buffalo hunter... That's awesome aswell. Great research.
I haven't looked at those ads up close, always pass up the "zoom in" when I see them on EBay. Cool Neurdorf ad with the old pricing and silhouette of the top on the line racer. Didnt we just see an orange one sitting next the Sheldon? Keep up the research sir.

Who Made Mead Bikes

ChiTown, way cool with the research.
I have a general question about Mead. I've read different material over time that speculates Mead did not actually make any bikes, then some readings imply they only manufactured the Ranger line and all others were farmed to other factories for production.
Can you shed light on this?

Go Packers!

ChiTown, way cool with the research.
I have a general question about Mead. I've read different material over time that speculates Mead did not actually make any bikes, then some readings imply they only manufactured the Ranger line and all others were farmed to other factories for production.
Can you shed light on this?

Go Packers!

Working on it.

th_bears8icannimated0vq1gif-1.jpg

Back