When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

J & R FLYER W/ Springer front end Year ???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks...
I got them all road ready.
One question...
Is this the original seat post?
How does it tighten ? Clamp ?
Guess that was 3 questions.
Thanks for the response.
V.

0106191016_HDR.jpg

0106191016b_HDR.jpg

0106191016a_HDR.jpg

0106191017_HDR.jpg

The seat and inner post look like tricycle parts.
“MONARK” was a bicycle manufacturer and wholesaler (as well as a bike retailer).
Earlier they were into automobile batteries.
All of the items that are original to the bike could be said to be “MONARK” parts and accessories; the springer is most recognizable. The paisley chain ring is also recognizable, (but similar to another).

Last edited:
Wow, that's odd! Looks like a typical seat post bolted on with the rear rack and a clamp. I'm not sure what's the deal with that super skinny part on the seat! Maybe some backyard mechanic work!

It's missing the through bolt & wedge. Tightens up like a stem, a characteristic of most Monarks.

Frame takes a 3/4in seat post.. and the one thats on there fits perfect. .All my other posts measure in at 5/8ths / 11/16ths and they are too small.
If it is stock... Do you have any pics of through bolt and wedge ??
I understand the concept , but it doesnt seem like what i have.
Thanks for the info !!

13/16" (0.81" or 20.6mm) seat posts are common; some transition to a reduced 5/8" for seats with clamps that are 5/8".
7/8, 3/4, 29/32, 5/8, 1" are also common.
If 1/16" tubing is used with a 5/8" outside diameter post, a 1/2" inside diameter might result.
One might find and fit a 1/2" bar into a 13/16" post reduced to 5/8" at top, in a telescoping manner.
Fairly small cycles might use small (1/2") solid bar seat posts. Larger bikes use stronger hardware.

Thanks Dope...
Found these in the tank .
70+ years old , and not leaking.
They dont make em like they used to.

0102191231_HDR.jpg

0102191232_HDR.jpg

Back