When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jack Taylor Track Curved Tube

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

detroitbike

I live for the CABE
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
CL find
Rare beast !

Nice bike….. was looking many years myself for one of these curved seat tube models.

I think this one is a "Path" frame and not a "Track" model. It has fender
eyelets and also attachments for a pump, brakes etc. Track bikes never had
those pieces attached to their bikes. Only the "Path" models came with attachments.

New member here, with long history with Jack Taylor bikes (since 1976). Back in those days, and I am guessing that one is from the 60s (What's the serial number?) ordinary blokes couldn't afford more than one bike, and might use a bike like that for time trials and track use, as well as for commuting and club runs. Actual road races were banned before the turn of the century by the National Cyclists Union, and only begun again somewhat as outlaw races by the British League of Racing Cyclists again in 1942, though they really didn't get going until after the war for obvious reasons. The Taylors were members of the BLRC, with Ken being the one who was most successful and with the longest career. I keep in close contact with Ken, exchanging emails a few times a week usually. I've had a couple of the Curved tube models over the years. Here is my current one, a road model, or really a hill climb model. Hill climbs were Ken's specialty.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8379107@N03/640112388/in/album-72157600516662229/ Made in 1983, I got to unwrap it and build it up for the first time in 2007. Yes, that is original paint and it still looks as new. I also have this one, which you might say is also not a pure track bike, but it was a workingman's go anywhere bike, at least until he got his JT road bike a couple years later, which I also have.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8379107@N03/sets/72157624171283833/ Fully restored of course.

cheers
Faustocopious

Track frames have been known to be drilled out for brakes, after the fact, non factory.

Back