When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jade Green 1955 Jaguar (together again!)

-

racoop81

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi Folks - finally got the Jag together again. It's been boxed in storage after my move last year. As far as I know, it's all original other than the tires, 3 sp trigger shifter and cable. Maybe the rear reflector too; it's the right size and shape, but japanese made :)confused:). Still rides like new, like a big smooth Cadillac. Thinking about hanging the for-sale sign on it - too many things in the garage.

I was very active on the Schwinn forums on the old defunct site a few years back when I lived in Virginia. Now I live in the San Rafael, in the SF Bay area, with a view of Mt. Tam! Probably won't bomb down the mountain on this one though. A few more to unpack... Cheers - Roland

Attachments

• Jag1.jpg
    Jag1.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 168
  • Jag2.jpg
    Jag2.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Jag3.jpg
    Jag3.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Jag4.jpg
    Jag4.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Jag5.jpg
    Jag5.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Jag6.jpg
    Jag6.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 129
  • Jag7.jpg
    Jag7.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Jag8.jpg
    Jag8.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Beautiful '55 Jaguar. I's always wanted a Green one. I've got a fairly nice '54 Jaguar that I'm very proud of. I haven't been able to find any '55 Jaguars.

The pedals on your '55 also do not look like the originals.

Man, these balloon Jags are sweet.. I'd take this early version over the tank version from the next year any day. Nice bike! And welcome to this forum.

Beautiful '55 Jaguar. I's always wanted a Green one. I've got a fairly nice '54 Jaguar that I'm very proud of. I haven't been able to find any '55 Jaguars.

The pedals on your '55 also do not look like the originals.

Thanks. I love the unusual combination of parts that was used on these Jags.

As for pedals, was Schwinn not using this type of Union bow pedal in 1955? They look the same as the ones in your pics, other than the screw-in blocks. I know they sometimes switched out parts. I've seen others with the light colored Troxel saddle like mine. I would be surprised (but not entirely) if these were not originals. Probably never know.

Attachments

• Pedal3.jpg
    Pedal3.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Peddle 1.jpg
    Peddle 1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 69
Love that color...nice job!!
And your welcome to sport that jag next to my schwinn on the boardwalk in Va. Beach anytime you want to come back to the Common Wealth.
JD

Last edited:
The pedals on your Jag were first used on the 60 model bikes. All previous years had the type with the screws holding the blocks in.

Last edited:
Love that color...nice job!!
And your welcome to sport that jag next to my schwinn on the boardwalk in Va. Beach anytime you want to come back to the Common Wealth.
JD

The only thing I did was dust this bike off when I bought from a collector in Baltimore.

Lol 8 years in Norfolk (Ghent) was enough. But I did enjoy riding my old bikes on the boardwalk in the off-season though.

Are the fenders on this Jag stainless or aluminum? What a nice bike to have as part of your collection! What other balloon Schwinns do you have?

Back