When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

James Hawk bicycle

-

Gixxerpat

On Training Wheels

Hi guys...been on and off the net looking for info on this bike for years now..nothing...it liks its the only one in existance...lol..It looks similar to the Sprite but never had a carrier....HAWK decal is clear on the frame..

Its more girls than ladies...wheels are 24"...dark blue frame..light blue mudguards and chain guard....Brown saddle..single speed....I was my sisters and she had it in the attic from not long after she got it at christmas..in the late 60's i'd guess...cant be sure if it was brand new when bought tho....Frame number is DWI9816.....
Its stripped at the moment for a light restoration as its in good shape but for a lot of scratches on the paintwork....
I was going to respray the worst parts while leaving all the decals untouched...or should i just clean everything up and leave the paint as is......??
Any help really appreciated..

Hi guys...been on and off the net looking for info on this bike for years now..nothing...it liks its the only one in existance...lol..It looks similar to the Sprite but never had a carrier....HAWK decal is clear on the frame..

Its more girls than ladies...wheels are 24"...dark blue frame..light blue mudguards and chain guard....Brown saddle..single speed....I was my sisters and she had it in the attic from not long after she got it at christmas..in the late 60's i'd guess...cant be sure if it was brand new when bought tho....Frame number is DWI9816.....
Its stripped at the moment for a light restoration as its in good shape but for a lot of scratches on the paintwork....
I was going to respray the worst parts while leaving all the decals untouched...or should i just clean everything up and leave the paint as is......??
Any help really appreciated..
Might want to throw up a few pics or we're just guessing

Thanks...i have a couple of pix now..i'll upload them later...I just stuck new tyres and tubes on it and a general clean up...

IMG_20210628_114644.jpg

IMG_20210628_114330.jpg

IMG_20210628_114335.jpg

IMG_20210628_114343.jpg

Back