When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jayhawk ,and custom front end

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikebozo

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
This is my Jayhawk, 1 of 5 frames built out of a sheet of aluminum , also this trick front end ,1 of 5 built -something different

87946585_10158280936893856_4233655186150653952_n.jpg

Screenshot_2020-04-16-07-20-57.png

Isn't that front end what they call a "lefty" in the bmx world due it only having the left side leg ? How do they ride vs a normal fork ?

Yes, it is , although the inventor of this fork calls it something different ,. I have not built up my frame yet ,I am still trying to sort out the disk brake rear wheel , because I am wanting to run a set of gears also , . The few people who run this 1 legged front end say there is no difference , only the styling is different . My bike is being built as a custom street machine , not bmx or anything else that could create excess stress, thanks , any thoughts or suggestions are welcome , wpb

Yes, it is , although the inventor of this fork calls it something different ,. I have not built up my frame yet ,I am still trying to sort out the disk brake rear wheel , because I am wanting to run a set of gears also , . The few people who run this 1 legged front end say there is no difference , only the styling is different . My bike is being built as a custom street machine , not bmx or anything else that could create excess stress, thanks , any thoughts or suggestions are welcome , wpb
I think I know a little about bmx so I just wanted to ask as I never seen or had Really nice ones as a kid. Kinda feel too big for'em now ; unless they're 24" or 26" LOL. I could see that being polished to a mirror shine, some kind of accent wheels (lime green is 1 of my favorite colors) and 144 spokes. Jus' a thought. No idea on the custom gears build ; unless you can find a setup from a premade bmx or work with the guru guys here who build wheels and have been for years. Oh btw wouldn't a flip flop hub (has dual threads for 2 sprockets & a disc adaptor allow you to at least have disc brakes & maybe 3-7 gears ?

@bikebozo I was looking at a Mongoose Massif jus' now & thought "Hey maybe something like that would work for you" it's got disc brakes front & rear + has like 7 speeds. You interested in pics of how it's set up ?

@bikebozo I was looking at a Mongoose Massif jus' now & thought "Hey maybe something like that would work for you" it's got disc brakes front & rear + has like 7 speeds. You interested in pics of how it's set up ?
Yes I would , I will find out something , I see now how it has exposed gears , I want a nexus internal geared hub , it looks cleaner , I have a lot of campy stuff I could build a wheel with , please , send a photo , I can build wheels , I was just not sure what hub had the duel threaded side , or how it would work , my Jayhawk will be built as a nice ride , not for dirt riding and crashing , I am 67 and do not have very many crashes left in Me!

Last edited:
Yes I would , I will find out something , I see now how it has exposed gears , I want a nexus internal geared hub , it looks cleaner , I have a lot of campy stuff I could build a wheel with , please , send a photo , I can build wheels , I was just not sure what hub had the duel threaded side , or how it would work , my Jayhawk will be built as a nice ride , not for dirt riding and crashing , I am 67 and do not have very many crashes left in Me!

Thank goodness for clearing that up its a
20” bike !

I fully understand the whole clean gear look. I was just thinking along the lines of Keep It Stupid Simple but here's some online pics I found that gives a good general idea of how the flip flop hubs work & how they're set up on a fat tire 20x4 1/4 bmx style bike. 1st pic is a front disc brake mount ; other side is just capped off but a flip flop hub has threads both sides for either a fixed sprocket or a free wheel. 2nd pic is the gear set/derailleur & 3rd just the general bike

Hopefully that helps some. Other than being too short with me being 5 '8 to comfortably ride this little bike was fairly smooth functioning & for like $35 I have some tinkering parts to use for 'Customs' .

Back