When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JC higgins bike - help when it was manufactured

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jshoaff

On Training Wheels
Can you help with when this JC higgins was made (year ?) and is it a Color Flow ?
bottom brakcet stamp shows MOST MOD-50245486 0.
If you go to the Sears Parts Direct the Part# 50245386 it comes up but not the year it was made.

thx

58502612624__F19135D8-82DB-41DD-A5C6-19E7E9950126.JPG

IMG_5191.JPG

IMG_5193.JPG

I want to say '54 and it looks like what is left of a Colorflow but I'll let the Murray experts verify. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
Thanks for looking at it - the Murray chart below does seem to show how my bike was stamped "MOST"
So because it ends in T that might make it a '54 ?

1565119092231.png

So are the any Murray experts that can confirm this is 1954 ? or what year the bike was made ?

thx

The MOD 502 is Sear's ID fir Murray built bicycles. I think you're right that yours a '54 based on the T. Look for a '54 Sears catalog and find a bike with part #4546 to confirm the other numbers.

I've got a three JC Higgins bikes and they all fit the same scenario.

Here's a model 4546 in the 1956 Sears catalog. Looks a lot like the pictures you posted. This 4546 number is a number for ordering parts for the service department. It would have been used for as many years as the model was sold. So the model 4546 was built for a few years. So I'm betting that the T on yours is for 1954

http://www.wishbookweb.com/FB/1956_Sears_Christmas_Book/files/assets/basic-html/page-351.html#

Last edited:
The MOD 502 is Sear's i.d. fir Murray built bicycles. I think you're right that yours a '54 based on the T. Look for a '54 Sears catalog and find a bike with part #4546 to confirm the other numbers.

I've got a three JC Higgins bikes and they all fit the same scenario.

Here's a model 4546 in the 1956 Sears catalog. Looks a lot like the pictures you posted. This 4546 number is a number for ordering parts for the service department. It would have been used for as many years as the model was sold. So the model 4546 was built for a few years. So I'm betting that the T on yours is for 1954

http://www.wishbookweb.com/FB/1956_Sears_Christmas_Book/files/assets/basic-html/page-351.html#

Thanks for the Info , That Catalog helps - going to see if there is 1954 catalog online.

Back