When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jc Higgins Coaster Brake Rebuild

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wow, much easier than a New Departure
I am just about thru with ND. Lack of good cores +aging inventory has depleted my parts. No thread hijack intended.but a PITA. To redo on top off all worn out parts.gotta be something better

How about the Komet hub? I got 1 spinnin so smooth it would make an ass out of ND. Thing is to brake it takes almost °180 reverse pedal!

How about the Komet hub? I got 1 spinnin so smooth it would make an ass out of ND. Thing is to brake it takes almost °180 reverse pedal!
I have a ND that does that, cleaned & serviced it but no change....I've done a few since then so maybe I'll take another stab at it

So, you did a JC Higgins hub....Can't wait to see what you do next (ND:)) I'll go get a note book and pencil...don't start without me.

There's enough info on ND hub rebuilds, and my phone doesn't have enough storage space to take pictures of the ten thousand parts inside that makes it almost stop.

I know it's an easy hub for a rebuild how-to, but I posted it at a time when a few people were having problems with them, and I had one laying around.

I also posted a how-to on a Bendix manual 2 speed.

Another reason for posting, is coaster brake hubs have this mystique of being difficult to rebuild, and are usually the most service- neglected part on a bike.

I know it's an easy hub for a rebuild how-to, but I posted it at a time when a few people were having problems with them, and I had one laying around.

I also posted a how-to on a Bendix manual 2 speed.

Another reason for posting, is coaster brake hubs have this mystique of being difficult to rebuild, and are usually the most service- neglected part on a bike.
I for one appreciate your posting of this as I’m about to break into my first one.
Thank you

Ive become a big fan of the Yellow Band 2 speed.......They are easier to work on than the red band and I really like those 4 "Big" brake shoes that they use......I just wish it was easier to find 28 hole hubs!!!!

The Schwinn Service Manual Vol 1 & 2 in the pinned section of this Restoration Tips forum covers rebuilding of all makes of brakes. I’m guessing Schwinn shops took on any bike and their technicians had this as a go to. Its come in handy more than once. Just keep scrolling, lots of pages.

what kind of cogs for the JC Higgins hub? want to use a 1/8 chain but need to source a 20t cog.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Back