When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JC Higgins Colorflow Restoration

-
Sorry about the slow progress..... but it is moving I promise. My new problem is the seat. I've replaces the seat with a nice new springer but the old layback post has a much thinner diameter than the bracket for the new one. Does anyone have a good hint on how to use a new seat with an older style thin post?

Already thrown the old, non-original seat away............crap

Told you progress was slow... work got a little crazy and I became sidetracked with a dumpster find mountain bike for a bit... but we're still making progress!
Here's how she sits now.
IMG_0499.jpg

Still need to finish the chain-guard and passenger side fender-skirt but its getting close. Thinking I need to pull the front lower fender support and paint it white but not sure yet.

I'm still having trouble getting the new seat secured to the older smaller diameter seat post. There has got to be a simple solution to this little snag right? Anyone got a hint for me?

Here's a shot of the crappy old Huffy dumpster mountain bike I decided to turn balloon cruiser for college football Saturdays.

IMG_0447.jpg

Nice

You really pmp your ride dude! From old school to modern old school!

The wood bleach tip worked really really well.... on the chrome that still remained. Problem was all the chrome that had flaked/rusted off. I think I've decided to keep all the original parts on the bike... with the chrome bits painted metallic silver. I think the silver looks pretty alright, and everything can be re-chromed when money allows. The paint is Duplicolor's car wheel paint. Here's a picture of how it came out when I used it on my old Bird Nighthawk Minicycle I restored.

Picture005jpgt1304171612-1.jpg

PS... I cant wait to use the wood bleach tip on the fork springs in the picture above.

Did the wood bleach shrink your bike to this?.

Back