JC Higgins colorflow with batwing light question

• REMINDER: There is a 2-day bump rule for Classifieds forums. Please take a moment to review the rules by clicking HERE.

This ad disappears when logged in

Love of rust

Look Ma, No Hands!
May 29, 2018
Shelby Township, Michigan
I finally got a batwing but when I got it home the brackets dont make sense. Anyone have a picture of the mounting? Which part is wrong?

IMG_20180711_205533.jpg

IMG_20180711_205527.jpg

IMG_20180711_205545.jpg

IMG_20180711_205542.jpg

Love of rust

Look Ma, No Hands!
May 29, 2018
Well crap. I guess I needed to do some more homework first. Does anyone have a picture of what the right bracket looks like?

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
Mar 4, 2012
East Los
Well crap. I guess I needed to do some more homework first. Does anyone have a picture of what the right bracket looks like?
I believe the light you have is rarer than the standard fender mounted Batwing you need. I wouldn't try modifying that one if I were you...

Love of rust

Look Ma, No Hands!
May 29, 2018
Thanks for the tip. I will have to try and find the right one now. A picture of the bottom side of the correct light would be great if anyone has one. Then I know what to look for.

T.J. Higgins

Look Ma, No Hands!
Apr 16, 2014
Rochester NY
You have the correct bracket already attached to the front fender of the bike. The ends of your bracket are bent down and need to be bent up. The light you purchased has the truss rod bracket. I would NOT remove the riveted bracket from this light. Even if you did this light does not have the dimpled sections on this base and will not work with your bracket.

Love of rust

Look Ma, No Hands!
May 29, 2018
You have the correct bracket already attached to the front fender of the bike. The ends of your bracket are bent down and need to be bent up. The light you purchased has the truss rod bracket. I would NOT remove the riveted bracket from this light. Even if you did this light does not have the dimpled sections on this base and will not work with your bracket.
Thank you for the help. Guess I will be selling this one and am back on the search for the right one.

Wayne Adam

I live for the CABE
Feb 13, 2011
Stillwater, New Jersey United States
Here are several pictures I took back in 2011. You can't really see the bracket but you can see how once installed, you hardly notice the bracket, it is well hidden.
Wayne

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0306.JPG

Hammer

Finally riding a big boys bike
Mar 1, 2015
Coxs Creek, KY, USA
Here is the bracket, as mentioned you already have it it just needs to be CAREFULLY bent back into this shape, I made the same mistake and bought a truss mount batwing and cant mount it to my fender, hopefully you can use this to reshape your bracket, those truss mount brackets can be drilled out and taken off and you can rivet the fender bracket back on to your light, it will still fit the bottom without having the dimples, but you will have to drill new holes, others have told me they done the same thing, but you risk damaging an expensive light, I am looking for another way to mount mine, hope this helps!

Aaron

Screenshot_20180715-212419_eBay.jpg

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture