When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JC Higgins colorflow with batwing light question

-

Love of rust

Look Ma, No Hands!
I finally got a batwing but when I got it home the brackets dont make sense. Anyone have a picture of the mounting? Which part is wrong?

IMG_20180711_205533.jpg

IMG_20180711_205527.jpg

IMG_20180711_205545.jpg

IMG_20180711_205542.jpg

Well crap. I guess I needed to do some more homework first. Does anyone have a picture of what the right bracket looks like?

Well crap. I guess I needed to do some more homework first. Does anyone have a picture of what the right bracket looks like?
I believe the light you have is rarer than the standard fender mounted Batwing you need. I wouldn't try modifying that one if I were you...

Thanks for the tip. I will have to try and find the right one now. A picture of the bottom side of the correct light would be great if anyone has one. Then I know what to look for.

You have the correct bracket already attached to the front fender of the bike. The ends of your bracket are bent down and need to be bent up. The light you purchased has the truss rod bracket. I would NOT remove the riveted bracket from this light. Even if you did this light does not have the dimpled sections on this base and will not work with your bracket.

You have the correct bracket already attached to the front fender of the bike. The ends of your bracket are bent down and need to be bent up. The light you purchased has the truss rod bracket. I would NOT remove the riveted bracket from this light. Even if you did this light does not have the dimpled sections on this base and will not work with your bracket.
Thank you for the help. Guess I will be selling this one and am back on the search for the right one.

Back