When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JC Higgins Flightliner added to collection

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

[email protected]

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I paid $250 for this in southern California which is probably too much even for S. Cal. but I had to have it. It is all original except the Mesinger seat may not be original and it is missing the rear tail light assembly.

Does anyone know if that seat is right? Wern't they usually white or black or even two-tone? Didn't they have a chrome lift bar on the seat? Can I fit 2.125 ballons on it??
BbKyfBmkKGrHqUHCcEqvbI5wTBKuuLkR4_12JPG-1.jpg

Attachments

• PA151258.jpg
    PA151258.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
No balloons, at least that has been my experience with middleweights.

With the springer and condition I don't think it was a bad deal.
Try and fix the kickstand b4 the bike takes a bad digger.

The seat should look just like the one on my Spaceliner

That's a good price IF.... Is that kickstand welded on? If so, someone really screwed it up for you. It is suppose to have a bolt on kickstand. It looks like some schwinn idiot welded a schwinn kickstand on it. The seat is incorrect as you suggest. I see seats that would be right for your bike on ebay quite often. Kenny.

thanks for info. its funny you mentioned that kick stand! After I took the shot in the attachment, I commenced to to fix it and it took about two hours to fabricate the pin that was the culprit. Easy enough to drive out but finding the slug stock was a pain. I ended up finding a piece stainless a 64th too big. I had to stick the cut slug in to my drill and take it down a 64th by turning it on a file and sand paper to make it fit. It is as new.

Yes the kickstand is stock and is welded on from the factory and never was a bolt on. Mine dates to be an early 1961. The reason I ask about the ballon tires is that the fenders have additional mounting holes to increase the fender arc and I wondered if that was to accommodate the slightly taller and wider tire. I think I saw someone on the net tried those big PHAT tires and there was no way for them but that a vintage balloon worked fine. I don't think I will do it for now. the front Tires cracking but it will last years and the Allstate rear tire is too cool to take off. I will hunt down an Allstate for the front someday. I treated the sidewalls with brake fluid to re-soften the rubber and to blacken them.

The rear hub makes a wierd noise so that will be my first tear down. It could be as simple as a few bad rollers on the dirty chain but I want to re assemble all so its tight and packed with grease etc.

It does not ride as well as my wifes 37 Rollfast tank bike that I did a "rattle can" restore on but it is a good rider and gets some heads turning.

I don't think 2.125s will fit under the fenders. Some 1.75 whitewalls would be sweet, or redline tires like on mastronaut's ride.

Agreed ^^

That's why I took the rear fender off, it wouldn't clear the Redline tire. The front is a 24" which at some point will be replaced with a wider tire...

Back