When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JC Higgins frame "I.D." HELP '50's Jet Flow V.S. Colorflow

-

Classic Cool Rides

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
Hello Cabe'rs !
I need to be educated on the difference between a boys JC Higgins Jet Flow FRAME versus the Colorflow frame....
I have a girls Jet Flow which I want to shift over everything to a boys frame ...
Often times I see them advertised for sale and the sellers usually say it is both.
I know there is some difference in the "Middle bar" but I'm not clear which is which ....
Thank you in advance for helping me distinguish the difference!
CCR Dave ..... and Happy 2022 to you all !

All I know is the boys JC Higgins Jet Flow and the Colorflow frames and tanks are not interchangeable!

All I know is the boys JC Higgins Jet Flow and the Colorflow frames and tanks are not interchangeable!
That is what I've been thinking .... NOW I'm thinking about this girls bike I have .... Is it a Jet Flow OR a Colorflow ??
It does have the factory headlight with the front fender which has the "recess" for the headlight wiring .... and ....
it does have the unique Blue Jet Flow rear reflector within the twin chrome "peaks"...
Did JC Higgins make a girls Jet Flow ?? I assume that's what I have...
BELOW are 2 pics from the internet >>>
I believe the frame with the "Straighter" mid bar is the Jet Flow and the more "Curved" mid bar is the Colorflow....
I would love to have a CABE'r who knows these JC Higgins to confirm or correct my beliefs ...
Thank you! CCR Dave

That is what I've been thinking .... NOW I'm thinking about this girls bike I have .... Is it a Jet Flow OR a Colorflow ??
It does have the factory headlight with the front fender which has the "recess" for the headlight wiring .... and ....
it does have the unique Blue Jet Flow rear reflector within the twin chrome "peaks"...
Did JC Higgins make a girls Jet Flow ?? I assume that's what I have...
BELOW are 2 pics from the internet >>>
I believe the frame with the "Straighter" mid bar is the Jet Flow and the more "Curved" mid bar is the Colorflow....
I would love to have a CABE'r who knows these JC Higgins to confirm or correct my beliefs ...
Thank you! CCR Dave
View attachment 1539068

View attachment 1539069
Yes jet flow straight bar color flow curved . Yes they made ladies version of both.

With the serial numbers and the Sears catalog book you can figure out alot.

With the serial numbers and the Sears catalog book you can figure out alot.
Good point! .... But, I don't have either the frame(s) or the Sears catalog at this time ...
Well, I do have the girls frame I can look into its serial number .... Thx, CCR Dave

Back