When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JC Higgins - Help Identify Year

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Murray serial chart.jpg

1954. Sears bikes have an extra S in the date code, not shown in the above chart. A '53 JCH would be stamped 'MOS S'. It can get confusing!

View attachment 907222
1954. Sears bikes have an extra S in the date code, not shown in the above chart. A '53 JCH would be stamped 'MOS S'. It can get confusing!
I have 2 j.c.Higgins coloflow bicycles with the glass reflectors on the tank & batwing headlight, that were my parents, both 26" my mother is 97 years old & told me they purchased both of them brand new in 1952 females bike serial number under the crank is MOD 137129. Under that # 502-288 , the. males bike serial number is MOD 502, -249 ,serial number 41207 MOS -N

I have 2 j.c.Higgins coloflow bicycles with the glass reflectors on the tank & batwing headlight, that were my parents, both 26" my mother is 97 years old & told me they purchased both of them brand new in 1952 females bike serial number under the crank is MOD 137129. Under that # 502-288 , the. males bike serial number is MOD 502, -249 ,serial number 41207 MOS -N
You should start your own thread with some pictures!

Well, the second bike would be '49 with the N, I'd like to see a pic of the first bike's numbers. Sometimes there's no date code, just a 3 digit model #.

Back