When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JC Higgins his and hers planning. Paid 20 for hers, and 40 for his. Any idea what year and what I should do?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TheEnginerd

On Training Wheels
So I got these two JC Higgins and am trying to decide what to do with them. I got the women’s version about 5 years ago and it’s just been collecting dust. I just got the male’s version today and am debating modernizing it or leaving it as it is. I want them to be as pristine as economically possible so if I ever do sell it I at least break even. I know the women’s version is a long shot but you never know. The male’s should be rather straight forward.

Ideally, I’d like to have these perfect and keep em that way and sort of only use it as the go-to for picnics and going on tinder dates. Just kidding, but not really. It would just be mine and my future wife’s novelty bikes for getting drunk and riding around the neighborhood.

Any insight into what these models are, the year, the value, and the smartest thing to do with them?

Thanks!

Yes, you should be able to sell that mens saddle to help fund your project. For starters give them a good clean up. Maybe put new bars on the girls and wire brush the back of that rack and repaint the back to stop the rust.
Have fun, it looks like you may just need lots of elbow grease to start.

Oh wow that’s wild, I thought the saddle looked weird. Do you have idea what it is so I can look it up? How much does it go for?

You have a couple of pre-1964 Flightliners, there. Try posting in the Middleweights Forum where the Flightliner experts hang out.

Oh wow that’s wild, I thought the saddle looked weird. Do you have idea what it is so I can look it up? How much does it go for?
1920ish Troxel saddle, oh probably $180-200 looks like it was painted black along with the frame unfortunately

The mens is repainted. You can see where they painted the bb cups in place and the orange peel from using spray can paint. basic Murray model.

Maybe move the steel pan seat from the ladies seat to mens. If you can tolerate sitting on that steel pan. Selling that good mens seat and ladies springer fork can finance your future bike(s).

The ladies has the springer fork which is about all it has going for it. I'm sure someone would want to upgrade their mens Spaceliner with it. (Oh, and the headlight lens is in demand) Put on a straight fork, wire baskets and turn it into a yard planter. People don't notice the extra$ on yard art. Any straight fork and plain seat will do. I get $20 for bikes ready for planting.

Maybe move the steel pan seat from the ladies seat to mens. If you can tolerate sitting on that steel pan.
Yes, the seat on the girls bike appears to be stock. The original seat for the boys bike would have been similar, except in black with white welting. And the crash bar on the back of the seat would have been chrome.

Back