When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JC Higgins ID help?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ByronsBygones

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hey there everybody! pretty new to this website... and the bike world as a whole.

nice to meet you all!

I've got a question for you, does any body know the Model for this J.C. Higgins?

I've searched around and can't figure out the exact type.

any help would be appreciated.

-Byron

IMG_2448.JPG

IMG_2449.JPG

IMG_2450.JPG

Welcome to the CABE!

Your Higgins bike was manufactured by Westfield/Columbia for Sears. The Westfield/Columbia built bikes are easy to date by the serial number. Look for it under the bottom bracket (crank) or perhaps on the frame by the left rear dropout at the axle.

I'd say that your bike would be from around 1951 give or take a couple years. At that time the majority of the bikes Sears/JC Higgins sold were manufactured by Murray. Although they also sourced bikes from Monark and Columbia as well. Almost all of the catalog images of the period show the Murray built versions.

The model number should be on the decal that is on the seat tube if it's still legible.

Welcome to the CABE!

Your Higgins bike was manufactured by Westfield/Columbia for Sears. The Westfield/Columbia built bikes are easy to date by the serial number. Look for it under the bottom bracket (crank) or perhaps on the frame by the left rear dropout at the axle.

I'd say that your bike would be from around 1951 give or take a couple years. At that time the majority of the bikes Sears/JC Higgins sold were manufactured by Murray. Although they also sourced bikes from Monark and Columbia as well. Almost all of the catalog images of the period show the Murray built versions.

The model number should be on the decal that is on the seat tube if it's still legible.

Thank you! I would not have known it was manufactured by Westfield/Columbia. greatly appreciate the help!

Back