When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jc Higgins Question

-
This is why I love the CABE community... there is a willingness to participate and learn in a positive way and have intelligent, friendly conversation about stuff we love. Evans200, I appreciate your thoughtful responses, and accepting my comments in the vein intended rather than take offense, a lesser person would have gone that way rather than continue the conversation. I really respond to that evolved approach, and 2Jakes, your comments and perspective are also much appreciated... when the discourse is like this; civil, thoughtful friendly and intelligent, it's really fun.

To add my two cents. In this hobby, never say never! There always seems to be a bike or two that flies in the face of typical accepted "facts", serial numbers and codes that don't add up. I try to say things like "typically", to cover my big white booty!

Awesome observation, and really the point of my posts here. Bravo Adamtinkerer.

As I get older, I realize just how much I don't know, and realize we're all continually learning... we all get something out of sharing information and opinion... when approached the way ya'll are doing here, it encourages others to do the same.

You guys are pretty rad. I stumbled on this thread while researching my bike. A few years ago, my brother and I came across a bike very much like the OP's with very similar serial numbers. Unfortunately, almost none of it was original so my bro made the executive decision to strip it down. Still a cool bike and will be a fun project.

IMG-5584.JPG

IMG-5913.JPG

IMG-5912.JPG

Back