When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jc higgins

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cam52388

On Training Wheels
20200331_171440.jpg

20200405_154427.jpg

20200402_150048.jpg

20200401_174551.jpg

Looking for any info. Really wondering year model??? Or what's it worth?

It's a Ross built bike, and in this case, I'd say it's a '57 due to the serial # starting with 57. 4766 is the Sears catalog #, though I didn't see it on the '57 pages in the Elgin/JCH/Hawthorne book. There were a lot of bikes never shown in the catalogs, especially from the smaller companies, like Ross. It's really crusty, I'd value it around $100-150.

It's a Ross built bike, and in this case, I'd say it's a '57 due to the serial # starting with 57. 4766 is the Sears catalog #, though I didn't see it on the '57 pages in the Elgin/JCH/Hawthorne book. There were a lot of bikes never shown in the catalogs, especially from the smaller companies, like Ross. It's really crusty, I'd value it around $100-150.
Ok thanks. So it was built by Ross but tagged as a jc Higgins for sears I'm guessing

Sears was a distributor, not a manufacturer. Sears sold bikes under the Elgin name before WWII, the JC Higgins name after the war until about 1963 or 1964, then they were sold under the Sears name. I have a couple of sears bikes - most built by Murray, one built by Monark.

No Ted Williams bikes in the "Collectable Elgin, JC Higgins, Sears..... " book of bicycles, but that book doesn't cover some of the later Free Spirit bikes.

Last edited:
Back