When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jerald blackwall slick tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

GMP440

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I came across this posting on the Ratrod bikes website about a company called Jerald Sulky that sells correct looking slicks. They look just like the Carlisle Jet Flyte slick tires from back in the day.
However, they come in a 24 X 2.125" and 26 X 2.125 sizes, but not in a 20 X 2.125 size for our muscle bikes. If enough of us petition them or call to request the 20" size maybe they can get their manufacturer to produce them in a 20" size.
The general manager's name is Tim G.
I spoke with a person there and she mentioned to get something going they would need get a minimum of 5000 tire orders.
The day I called Tim G. was not in the office. He was proactive on the Ratrods bike website with the larger sizes and was
even able to get the manufacturer to do a whitewall version of the larger tire size. Could be a chance to get a more correct
looking slick tire.

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32211&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

http://www.jeraldsulky.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=67

I bought one for my dad's 24" Sears Spyder and they're nice tires. Very high quality and classic square tread. Doesn't feel cheap like a lot of modern tire options.

Pic of tire.

Attachments

• Jerald slick.jpg
    Jerald slick.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,824
Bike with tire. I was told that these tires are taller. Could rub on the fenders. If they can produce them in the correct dimension
for the muscle bikes they will fit correctly.

Attachments

• silver bike.jpg
    silver bike.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 673
Would be great if they get them made. I can probably supply a used 60's slick for them to copy if that is possible. :cool:

huffy61-1.jpg

That's a good looking slick on the bike that Railrider has. Railrider, thank you for offering up a slick for them to get a mold from.
If we can all call in requesting this tire to be made we can be on our way to have a correct looking tire for our bikes.

I've got one of the whitewall 26" slicks and the quality is great. The white/black separation is perfect unlike a lot of tires now a days. Although it did cost me $50 shipped. The tires do run taller than the modern cruiser king slick I had on there. Maybe 1/4" taller on each side for a total of 1/2" taller overall.

I think they only did one run of the white walls and at the time they were running low of the black walls and the next run was going to cost more. I have a feeling that the people who said they would buy a white wall flaked out and it didn't sell as quickly as they wanted. Pure speculation on my part.

Not sure quite what it would take to get a brand new molded tire but 5000 tires seems about right.

Here is a shot with the 26" white.

e8f385be4ed77b1382a5c143fe91cd92-1.jpg

Flat slick tire

:cool:
For those who are looking for the flat slick tire such as the jerald tire ( which is out of business as of Dec 12 2014 and or the schwinn stingray tire I am in the process of building these tires for sale. JENERIC tires is working with the manufacturer that supplied the Jerald company and hope to have tires in 24x2.125 first and then other sizes to follow Hope to have JENERIC tires for retail sale by April.... Will keep you posted on this thread keep looking for JENERIC Tires on line and you will be able to get these slick flat tires for you rat rod cruisers.

In case you dont know, Schwinn already reproduces their slik tires 20 x 2.125 and can be found on ebay sold by bicyclebones. He has red, green, white and maybe others for the krates and he also has gripper sliks, knobby tires, and sliks with both black or white lettering made exactly as the originals with schwinn westwind on them, same size and thickness as the originals. However a reproduction carlise slik would be nice. I have an original set of carlise slik with a white line as well as the matching front as well seen in this picture that could be used to make a copy if needed.
1968.jpg

:cool:
For those who are looking for the flat slick tire such as the jerald tire ( which is out of business as of Dec 12 2014 and or the schwinn stingray tire I am in the process of building these tires for sale. JENERIC tires is working with the manufacturer that supplied the Jerald company and hope to have tires in 24x2.125 first and then other sizes to follow Hope to have JENERIC tires for retail sale by April.... Will keep you posted on this thread keep looking for JENERIC Tires on line and you will be able to get these slick flat tires for you rat rod cruisers.
I'm currently looking for a 26" version as I just bought a 24". I know a 20" would also be popular. I hope you can get this done!

Back